Poor text search results

Regie

I have the following in a SwordSearcher module entry:

Pr 30:15,18,21,29

I can do a search in that module for Proverbs 30:15 and it will find it. However, if I search for Proverbs 30:18, it will not find it.

Am I right that it should find it? I am pretty sure it used to.

Do you think something may be wrong with my program, my computer, or me?

Thanks,
Regie
p.s. Do you think a re-installation of my program might solve the problem? I don't want to do that unless I just have to.

I have the following in a SwordSearcher module entry:

Pr 30:15,18,21,29

I can do a search in that module for Proverbs 30:15 and it will find it. However, if I search for Proverbs 30:18, it will not find it.

Am I right that it should find it? I am pretty sure it used to.

Do you think something may be wrong with my program, my computer, or me?

Thanks,
Regie
p.s. Do you think a re-installation of my program might solve the problem? I don't want to do that unless I just have to.
Works for me, no prob.
I say: Pr30.18 and it shows up.

Do you think a re-installation of my program might solve the problem? I don't want to do that unless I just have to.
Whatever the this problem is, assuming there is a problem, re-installing won't change it.

Open the Topic Guide (Search menu) and type in the verse you want. Does the module entry you expect to find appear in the list?

Whatever the this problem is, assuming there is a problem, re-installing won't change it.

Open the Topic Guide (Search menu) and type in the verse you want. Does the module entry you expect to find appear in the list?
That works. I thought the F3 option would do it and it seems that it used to, but I may be all wet on that. Thanks.

F3/F4 will do text matching in your modules based on how the verse was written in the editor. If you want verse indexing I would recommend sticking to the Topic Guide with verse references as they do not need to match the form entered.

After some more experimentation based on your comments, I think I should enhance the direct module text search so that it also picks up on verse references that may be formatted differently in the editor. This could be made a little easier and less "picky," so I am adding this to my to-do list.

F3/F4 will do text matching in your modules based on how the verse was written in the editor. If you want verse indexing I would recommend sticking to the Topic Guide with verse references as they do not need to match the form entered.

After some more experimentation based on your comments, I think I should enhance the direct module text search so that it also picks up on verse references that may be formatted differently in the editor. This could be made a little easier and less "picky," so I am adding this to my to-do list.
That sounds very good to me and IMO would make a great program even better. The method you mentioned is very good though and I have been using it.

Back