Popup window size maintaining size after enlarging.

crossnote

Hello,
After I enlarge a popup floating window, I can't figure out how to maintain its size because the next time I bring up a floating window it is much smaller than where I had it last.

What pop-up window are you referring to?

Thanks for the clarification.

Since the un-docked clone panels are "one offs" there is no setting that remembers their size. But I will add this to the feature request list.

You can work around this if you like.
Go to "File" then "Preferences and Settings" [Alt+F1] then ➡️"Layout Options" then put a check in the box that says
➡️"Automatically dock cloned panels"

Now your cloned panels will auto open in the same window where your references open. So that gives a consistent option if you need it.

After a while you may have a pile of Clone panels and get confused which is which?

Then all you need to do is go to the top menu bar and click on ➡️"view" then find ➡️"Cloned Panels" and you will see an arrow on that selection so that you can Mouse hover there and look at all of your cloned panels.

You can work around this if you like.
Go to "File" then "Preferences and Settings" [Alt+F1] then ➡️"Layout Options" then put a check in the box that says
➡️"Automatically dock cloned panels"

Now your cloned panels will auto open in the same window where your references open. So that gives a consistent option if you need it.

After a while you may have a pile of Clone panels and get confused which is which?

Then all you need to do is go to the top menu bar and click on ➡️"view" then find ➡️"Cloned Panels" and you will see an arrow on that selection so that you can Mouse hover there and look at all of your cloned panels.
I tried the instructions you wrote but by doing that I no longer get floating pop-ups.

I tried the instructions you wrote but by doing that I no longer get floating pop-ups.

I think that was his suggestion -- that if you desire to have them show up at the same position and size, you can automatically dock them (which is the default behavior).

If you want them to come up un-docked, their size and position is calculated based on a few factors including the position of the source panel.

I think that was his suggestion -- that if you desire to have them show up at the same position and size, you can automatically dock them (which is the default behavior).

If you want them to come up un-docked, their size and position is calculated based on a few factors including the position of the source panel.
When I tried that they were automatically docked and I couldn't float them. Maybe I am doing something wrong? :eek:

When I tried that they were automatically docked and I couldn't float them. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Check View - Enable Layout Customization. If that is "checked," you should be able to undock any panel, including clone panels.

Check View - Enable Layout Customization. If that is "checked," you should be able to undock any panel, including clone panels.
That's ok, when I went back to Alt+F1 /Preferences and under Layout Options, I unchecked 'Automatically undock cloned panels' the floating pop-ups' all of a sudden came up a normal large size, so there is no need to resize them. thx

That's ok, when I went back to Alt+F1 /Preferences and under Layout Options, I unchecked 'Automatically undock cloned panels' the floating pop-ups' all of a sudden came up a normal large size, so there is no need to resize them. thx
Undocked = Floating
The size of each new floating window will be different depending on the content similarity... And which monitor you called it from (if you have more than one) and stuff like that.

You can play around with Enable Layout Customization ; like Brandon (THE system designer) said... And manually make a docked panel float; Resting assured that you won't break anything and he does know how to help us get unstuck if we ever do. He is THE bona-fide expert at this ⛑️👷‍♂️👍

And now pat yourself on the back and put a gold star on your chart for learning how to auto-dock and undock a clone panel... good job!👏👍

You can play around with Enable Layout Customization ; like Brandon (THE system designer) said... And manually make a docked panel float; Resting assured that you won't break anything and he does know how to help us get unstuck if we ever do. He is THE bona-fide expert at this ⛑️👷‍♂️👍
Yes, I have noticed his name around a time or two lol.
Thanks you two for the help.

Back