Prayer Book - Devotional, Occasional, ...

wsbones

Beta Tester
Converted from CCEL. Lutheran in doctrine. My prayers and devotions can benefit from it.

Orthodox Daily Prayers
by Johann Habermann (1516-1590)

This little manual of prayers herewith offered to English speaking Christians in their own language, has long been one of the treasures of the German people. ... It was originally written by one of God?s noblemen, by one who ?lived and moved and had his being? in the things of the Kingdom of God. Dr. John Habermann (known also as Avenarius, Latinized form of Habermann) died 1590 as superintendent at Zeitz, was a famous preacher and a distinguished scholar of his day. He was noted for his profound knowledge of oriental languages especially of the Hebrew. Still it is not this but the fact of his little prayer book that has endeared him to his fellow Christians. And this manual of prayers is the mature product of an inner life rich in the grace of God.

?from the Translator's Preface

Very nice! Thanks, Bill! :)

Thanks again Bill!! But I haven't seen the Prayer Book yet. Please help me here. I downloaded the file and I see it on the desktop in Explorer, moved it over to the SS modules folder but when I open SS it's not there. I closed SS and double clicked on Prayers which opened SS again, but no Prayers are there in the book list. What am I missing?

Thanks again Bill!! But I haven't seen the Prayer Book yet. Please help me here. I downloaded the file and I see it on the desktop in Explorer, moved it over to the SS modules folder but when I open SS it's not there. I closed SS and double clicked on Prayers which opened SS again, but no Prayers are there in the book list. What am I missing?

Verify that Prayers.ss5book is in the modules folder. If so, it should show up in the list of book tabs as Prayers. Are you using SS 6? It might not be compatible with versions before 6.

You can also type Ctrl M in SS to see a list of modules and type the word prayers there to see if the module is installed. You may have to add a check mark in the list of visible book tabs for Prayers.

Verify that Prayers.ss5book is in the modules folder. If so, it should show up in the list of book tabs as Prayers. Are you using SS 6? It might not be compatible with versions before 6.

You can also type Ctrl M in SS to see a list of modules and type the word prayers there to see if the module is installed. You may have to add a check mark in the list of visible book tabs for Prayers.

I just tested the prayer module with SS 5.4 on my old win 98 machine and it works fine.

You always come through Bill. I don't know what the problem was but I know that now everything is fine.

Reminds me of John 9:25, He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

Back