Preachers' Bible Reading Plan

dcausby

Here is a Bible reading plan I compiled during lockdown. As preachers we are to preach the "whole counsel of God", and I wanted a plan that covered the various sections or styles of Scripture in order to provide a preacher with material for sermons as the Lord leads throughout the year.

Each day has readings from seven sections: Law, History, Poetry, Proverbs, Prophecy, Gospels & Acts, and Epistles. Throughout the year the Bible is read through once, but the Proverbs are read once per month, and the Epistles are covered twice.

The plan includes lighter days with fewer verses to allow for catch-up or deeper study. With an average of 121 verses per day, reading time (Scourby) is 25 minutes or less.

I hope you find it useful.

Preachers' Bible Reading Plan Template link

Here is a Bible reading plan I compiled during lockdown. As preachers we are to preach the "whole counsel of God", and I wanted a plan that covered the various sections or styles of Scripture in order to provide a preacher with material for sermons as the Lord leads throughout the year.

Each day has readings from seven sections: Law, History, Poetry, Proverbs, Prophecy, Gospels & Acts, and Epistles. Throughout the year the Bible is read through once, but the Proverbs are read once per month, and the Epistles are covered twice.

The plan includes lighter days with fewer verses to allow for catch-up or deeper study. With an average of 121 verses per day, reading time (Scourby) is 25 minutes or less.

What to do after download and where to download?

Put the file, "Preacher's Bible Reading Plan.ssplan" in the SwordSearcher user directory. Start SS.
Then click the reading plan manager on the tool bar ->
1645978296661.png

Click New Plan
Click import template from file
Find the plan called Preacher's Bible Reading Plan in the SS user directory and choose it.
Click next
Click save
Click done.

The plan should open and you can start reading.

The Preacher's Bible Reading Plan gave me an idea. I like it, and I wanted to be able to read whole chapters instead of fragments. SS doesn't have that feature in the reading plan tool. I created a spreadsheet that can do that using the various sections of the Bible each day. The zip file has the reading plan spreadsheet and the resulting template in text format. The template was created by pasting Col G into a text document. The text document template can be read into SS reading plan tool. Each line represents a day's reading.

Feel free to use this however you like to create your own template file which can be read into SS as a text template.

Attachments

• Reading Plan using onlywhole chapters.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 144
Put the file, "Preacher's Bible Reading Plan.ssplan" in the SwordSearcher user directory. Start SS.
Then click the reading plan manager on the tool bar -> View attachment 1865
Click New Plan
Click import template from file
Find the plan called Preacher's Bible Reading Plan in the SS user directory and choose it.
Click next
Click save
Click done.

The plan should open and you can start reading.
Thank you so much! Great instructions. I've already got it up and running. :)

This is wonderful! I really appreciated you figuring out the time per day and letting us know. That way I know I can do it! I have it downloaded, installed and will finish today's by tonight and be right on schedule tomorrow! I've been looking for a plan that I can add to the one I'm doing which feels more like just a snack. Yours will round it out to a meal! Much appreciated. 🥰

This can be useful. Thanks to both. Made me think, can you add this reading plan or any reading plan as a shortcut to SS. Like a book, commentary, etc. I know it is already at the top of SS, so why is that shortcut needed? Just curious.
Well only because I thought of it.

Back