Question Regarding Underlying Hebrew Manuscript of Strong's

pjfox777

My question has to do with the underlying Hebrew (and, I guess, the underlying Greek) manuscript(s) of the "King James Version with Strong's Links" tab in SS.

In this tab, are the underlying Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts the Hebrew Masoretic text - Ben Chayyim, presumably and Greek Textus Receptus?

I did note in the "KJVSL Module Information" something "...regarding root word forms and compare with the TR module for the exact forms." But I have not seen anything definitively providing this information.

I hope my question makes sense! LOL!

Peter

In this tab, are the underlying Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts the Hebrew Masoretic text - Ben Chayyim, presumably and Greek Textus Receptus?
It's not really like that.

If you grab a printed Strong's Concordance and look at a concordance entry, you'll see a "Strong's number" which is a "link" to the lexicon entry that corresponds to the root Greek or Hebrew word used in that instance. That's what the KJVSL represents, just in an easier-to-access way. It's not a true interlinear and the Greek/Hebrew in the KJVSL is not an actual Greek or Hebrew text. Since the Strong's lexicon is based on the King James Version, the words will essentially line up with the Textus Receptus / Ben Chayyim text out of necessity.

There are definitely theological and other issues with the glosses (definitions) of the Strong's lexicon, but that is not really a textual issue. I would caution anyone against treating Strong's lexicon definitions as anything authoritative over the text; they are not, and they are not even real definitions, they are glosses.

I did note in the "KJVSL Module Information" something "...regarding root word forms and compare with the TR module for the exact forms." But I have not seen anything definitively providing this information.

Just right-click the KJVSL module tab and choose "KJVSL information." It will describe what the text is.

The most important takeaway is that it is not a true interlinear text. If you are looking for a true Greek/Hebrew text use the TR module.

Thank you so much Brandon! You did an excellent job explaining that! I guess I should have known all of that, but I just never sat down and thought through it. I will definitely be utilizing the TR module more. Again, thank you!

Peter

Back