question

wsbones

Beta Tester
How do you paste a table result from the search statistics into the forum and have it look like a table. It looks correct in the editor but turns into html when you preview it.

When I can't get it to do right, I always use a screengrab and post it as a picture... When I can't save a picture online, I go to OneNote, clip it, then save it to paint. That's what I did with the one below, before I sent it to BP lol

6899138-0-large.jpg

feel free to delete

I thought of that but it seemed like too much work - especially since the table looked just right when I pasted it in edit mode. Now I am just curious if you can paste stuff like search statistics table.

I'm trying a couple things.

You can see the html code if you copy and paste the chart into a blank email and then look at the source tab (Outlook Express).

I hope that helps get you started.

The search info/stats window uses HTML but it also includes a lot of CSS to format the bar graphs, etc. If you paste it into something that does away with the CSS, it won't display correctly. A lot of programs will accept the HTML data from the clipboard but don't parse the CSS.

That's confusing, but bottom line is that it all depends on the programs you are using. :) I'm pretty sure that any forum would discard that data, or that the browser would.

Back