quick concordance

wsbones

Beta Tester
Could the contents of input control for the current tab of the quick concordance become selected when you click in it. That way it could be easily reused without having to backspace what is there. It would be easy to unselect with one more click if desired.

1610573272054.png

Where is the "quick concordance" function,, i see a couple of quick search functions, but i don't see a quick concordance function, what am i missing? thanks

It's under the search menu. Shift F2 also. I also set it up so study click will use it for searching a highlighted word or phrase.
1610649738029.png

Here's everything about it:

1610669267024.png

Thank you, i used the Search Bible function exclusively, up until now, but that that quick concordance i can see it's usefulness.

It would be useful to have an another entry in the right click menu of the quick concordance. It would send a search link to the editor that produced the displayed search results in the current window. It would save a few steps in the editor to redo the work of creating a Bible search.

It would have an advantage of being self documenting since it would show the thinking that produced the verses.

Question: Is it better to have a list of verses or a search link in a note/topic from the point of view of SwordSearcher efficiency.

It would send a search link to the editor that produced the displayed search results in the current window. It would save a few steps in the editor to redo the work of creating a Bible search.
The reason it doesn't already do this is because the linking mechanism (URL protocol) doesn't support all of the Bible search options. So, you can create a Bible search link in the editor, either by hand or using the insert menu, but you can't always "go the other way" from search results. ... The linking system only supports a subset of the Bible search options. This is something that has room for improvement and I appreciate the feedback.

Is it better to have a list of verses or a search link in a note/topic from the point of view of SwordSearcher efficiency.
It depends on the length of the verse list. A long verse list will use up more space and a little bit more load time than a link to a Bible search. But I doubt if there is a practical or noticeable impact either way. However the more important consideration would probably be deep referencing. A Bible search link doesn't count as a "reference to a verse" in any way, so you won't have listings in the Verse or Topic Guides for the verses it produces.

but you can't always "go the other way" from search results
Just to be clear, I didn't mean going from search results back to a link, but rather going from the QC input boxes at the top (containing words or phrase and range) to a link. My thinking was that once a desired search result was obtained using the QC, the input parameters for that search are already known.

Anyway, it's easy enough to go through the dialog in the Insert Bible Search Link.

1614387164714.png
➡️
1614387196282.png

Thanks, I understand. The problem is, if you change the settings for the Quick Concordance to use a different search method than the default Boolean AND, the results may be different when they are invoked from the search link. So there is work to be done to make sure the search link that is used will produce exactly the same results that you see when you ask for the link from the Quick Concordance, to avoid confusion (as in: why do I see different results when I click the link, from what I saw in the QC?)

Back