Red Letter Edition

I just created a KJV1769 red letter version based on the Thompson Chain Reference markings. It works well for me but see Brandon's comment for caveats.

Well, it may look fine, but I can promise that there are indexing issues since the text isn't supposed to have HTML in it. I would imagine that the copy verses functions on the edit menu would also produce undesirable results.

One of the interesting features (which is really an unintended consequence of the way Forge compiles modules) is that you can find all the words of Christ by searching for the word FONT. In addition you can search the words of Christ for expressions by including FONT in the search phrase. For example, try this search: FONT & "I AM"

I was very careful about marking the text but if you find any errors let me know and I will correct them. It was a blessing reading over the words of Christ as I marked them.

The module is available at http://wsbones.googlepages.com/kjvrl.ss5bible

Thank you again, Bill! I got the module and installed it. First looks are great! :smile:

I have finished proofing the KJVRL and found 26 errors in coloring the verses. I uploaded the corrected version as well as the redletterverses.txt file. Here's a list of verses that had color errors that are now fixed. 26 out of 2033 means about 99% were correct:)

Mt 6:26, 11:20
Mr 2:17, 3:3, 9:40, 15:2
Lu 6:40, 8:8, 8:39, 8:54, 9:56, 20:16, 20:21, 23:3
Joh 6:10, 12:8, 12:28, 12:36, 14:30, 20:19, 21:6

You can find the updates here:
http://wsbones.googlepages.com/home

Let me know if you find any more problems. Thanks.

Thanks, BB! I've got them. Thank you for sharing!

I have finished proofing the KJVRL and found 26 errors in coloring the verses. I uploaded the corrected version as well as the redletterverses.txt file. Here's a list of verses that had color errors that are now fixed. 26 out of 2033 means about 99% were correct:)

Mt 6:26, 11:20
Mr 2:17, 3:3, 9:40, 15:2
Lu 6:40, 8:8, 8:39, 8:54, 9:56, 20:16, 20:21, 23:3
Joh 6:10, 12:8, 12:28, 12:36, 14:30, 20:19, 21:6

You can find the updates here:

Let me know if you find any more problems. Thanks.

Nice of you to make that available. A little too big for me to d/l at home, I'll have to try to get to the library soon.

What's the deal with the googlepages? Is it free? How did you get it?

Nice of you to make that available. A little too big for me to d/l at home, I'll have to try to get to the library soon.

What's the deal with the googlepages? Is it free? How did you get it?

Google pages is a free web hosting site with up to 100 mb of space for website development or storing file uploads.

Google pages is a free web hosting site with up to 100 mb of space for website development or storing file uploads.

Thanks for the heads up. I had begun developing a personal web space on a different service -- not via Bravenet because I couldn't do one of the main things I wanted to via that, host some docs for d/l'ing by others -- but if I can create a web space on Google, that would be very cool.

Sorry you are having trouble. I put it on another free file hosting site. Here's another link you can try.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6nwgd2sgd9s

If you are still having trouble, I can email it. Let me know.

So it wasn't just me! lol

I was able to d/l it from there and it works ok.

Did you choose to make the red also bold? If so, why? Just curious.

So it wasn't just me! lol

I was able to d/l it from there and it works ok.

Did you choose to make the red also bold? If so, why? Just curious.

I made the red bold also to increase the contrast to the black. It looks better with my choice of colors and fonts.

I made the change between the time I put the file on googlepages and the time I uploaded it to mediafire so the 2 uploads differ in that respect.

Is anyone else having trouble with googlepages? Maybe it is a security setting on your browser that is causing the problem. Marty seemed to be able to get the file from google.

I made the red bold also to increase the contrast to the black. It looks better with my choice of colors and fonts.

I made the change between the time I put the file on googlepages and the time I uploaded it to mediafire so the 2 uploads differ in that respect.

Is anyone else having trouble with googlepages? Maybe it is a security setting on your browser that is causing the problem. Marty seemed to be able to get the file from google.

Bill, as I was studying Zech. 4:6 recently with your RLE on, obviously it didn't show up any red letters in the OT, but it did bring to my mind Brandon's comments about the benefit [can I say "need" perhaps?] of a RLE for the OT, too. Just an idle thought. Have a God-blessed Son-day.

Bill, as I was studying Zech. 4:6 recently with your RLE on, obviously it didn't show up any red letters in the OT, but it did bring to my mind Brandon's comments about the benefit [can I say "need" perhaps?] of a RLE for the OT, too. Just an idle thought. Have a God-blessed Son-day.

It crossed my mind also but I don't have an authoritative list of verses to use.

Note that the date is 7/7/7 so I don't expect to find any more mistakes in this version.

Oh, Bill! You didn't just say that! Oh, no!

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

:eek: ;) :D

I posted the corrected version of KJVRL at the following sites:

Bill, once again the Google site d/l attempt failed, but the mediafire site worked fine. Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks, Bill. I downloaded it from the googlepages site and it worked just fine! I like the brighter red better, by the way, although the darker red was ok, too. :)

Well! You must just be special! :p

I discovered that the editor I used the last time wrapped all long verses at column 70. This is not a problem in the Bible window because it ignores linefeeds. But in the popup window (i.e. book/commentary verse references) the line feeds show up and make the verse wrap look funny :(

So, I uploaded the corrected KJVRL to the following locations: Sorry Tim, you were right. You'll probably have to go to the library again;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2dm0jthdxwt

I have read through the Gospels and Acts and have found no errors in the red letters. I still need to check 1Co, 2Co and Rev. I promise not to change the file again for a month :)

Does anyone find the Red Letter Version to be helpful?

Back