reset

wsbones

Beta Tester
Is there a way to reset everything in SS to the original settings without uninstalling and reinstalling? Are there a few files to delete or is the configuration stored in the registry? I tried deleting the *.sssettings files in program data and restarting but that didn't work.

I want to show some people how to customize all the features, but my setup is already configured in a lot of ways.

Your settings are mostly stored in the registry under
Code:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SwordSearcher

And there are some additional settings files in AppData, which you can go to by opening File Explorer and go to
Code:
%AppData%\SwordSearcher

The AppData files hold settings backups, audio link info, your layout as it was when you closed SwordSearcher, and some spell check data. If you just want to make SwordSearcher look like you just installed it, I'd remove the registry node for SwordSearcher and the LastLayout6 file from the AppData folder. You can quickly restore the settings that are stored in the registry as long as you don't delete files from the Settings Backups folder under the AppData folder. That's under File, Save, Load, or Restore Settings.

Glad that worked. I suppose it would be useful to have an "official" way to do this without making you open the registry editor (which I wouldn't recommend for most users!). I'll add this to the feature request list.

Glad that worked. I suppose it would be useful to have an "official" way to do this without making you open the registry editor (which I wouldn't recommend for most users!). I'll add this to the feature request list.
I was thinking that also. I was actually looking around in the menus for it before I posted the question.

Back