Scofield

Kenny

I've been searching for a Scofield that links the center column chain references to scripture. For following a chain through. I have found online PDF's and Kindle editions with links to notes but no center column chain links. Am I expecting too much ? Thanks

Kenny,

What do my mean by center column chain links?

Blessings to you brother, Tim

The center column in the Scofield print bible has topics. That topic has cross references linked to another verse and another verse, taking you through the scripture, and ending in a summary. For example: the first advent, kingdom, angels etc. Each of the major topics in the INDEX ends in a summary. Page 1361 in the (old) Scofield lists these topics and summaries. No software products or anything online seems to include a way to access these center column cross references and topics. Page footnotes and summaries are accessible , but not the center column references that are linked or chained together. (chain reference Bibles) Maybe I am expecting too much of software products or other file formats. Bibles with center column cross references , or Bibles with cross references in the page margins are really very excellent resources but are not accessible. any suggestions ???

I wish I had a digital source for the chain reference part of the Scofield Reference Bible. I haven't seen one. As you are no doubt aware, SwordSearcher includes the notes (commentary) part of the text. It would be nice to get the other features of that reference Bible, too.

Last edited:
Kenny and Brandon, thanks for the feedback.

Have a blessed weekend, Tim

That would be a wonderful work. It could also be linked to the Subject Index that is located in the back of the Scofield Bible.

Back