Scroll Position not saved in Commentary/Books Bookmarks

Good day all, I reading a commentary and want to save a bookmark and when i click on the saved bookmark it does not return to the scroll position where i saved the bookmark of the module but only to the beginning of the chapter. Please if somebody can help me, maybe i am doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Good day all, I reading a commentary and want to save a bookmark and when i click on the saved bookmark it does not return to the scroll position where i saved the bookmark of the module but only to the beginning of the chapter. Please if somebody can help me, maybe i am doing something wrong.
Wow. Talk about taking things for granted! I had to check one of my bookmarks in a large book in Sword Searcher to realize that it really DOES bookmark it - in the text, where I was - when I made the bookmark.
I do not know the answer. But I can validate that it goes to the place in reading that you were at when you make the bookmark, at least sometimes.

It is supposed to save your relative scroll position when you set the bookmark to the book or commentary entry. I cannot say why it is not working, just that what happens, internally, is that SwordSearcher asks the internal display control which is a Windows component what its position is, and saves it. When the bookmark is restored, it sends that same marker back to the control and relies on the Windows control to move back to that position. In your case that last thing does not appear to be happening. I will look into it, but at this time I do not have a workaround for you. On my systems it works as expected. :-(

Feedback on Scroll position, Problem is solved, Windows decimal setting should be a dot and not a comma, see attached image.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 19.43.14 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 19.43.14 (1).jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 102
Thank you for sharing your solution! I will dig into the relevant code and see if I can fix it so it is not dependent on what decimal setting is active.

how can I get to "scroll" window as the pic ? ?
OK found it..... thanks

Last edited:
Back