Separate entry for introduction to a chapter or book and the first verse

Regie

When making a user commentary module, how do you make a separate entry for a bible book (such as Genesis 1:1) and then have the first verse (such as Genesis 1:1) in a separate entry? Or, am I wrong that I have not see such in commentaries?

I had trouble just trying to explain what I am looking for. So, if what I have written does not make sense, please let me know.

Thanks.

All entries in a commentary need to appear on a specific verse. So, introductory material would best be put on the first verse of the book or chapter.

All entries in a commentary need to appear on a specific verse. So, introductory material would best be put on the first verse of the book or chapter.
That's how I have been doing it, but I thought I read somewhere that you could create (perhaps using Forge???) chapter headings - do you have any idea what I am referring to? I don't.

Sometimes (probably most often in my case) I want to just get immediately to reading the verse comment without reading all the introductory in the first verse.

Thanks.

That's how I have been doing it, but I thought I read somewhere that you could create (perhaps using Forge???) chapter headings - do you have any idea what I am referring to? I don't.

Sometimes (probably most often in my case) I want to just get immediately to reading the verse comment without reading all the introductory in the first verse.

Thanks.
I looked through several of the Commentaries in SwordSearcher and didn't see any that had a separate Introduction or Outline to the Book, but when you're making your Commentary, you can insert a code that will let you jump to the first verse (or to a specific spot). In the Editor, you can click on the Code tab at the bottom of the panel and at the top of the page, put something like <a href="#ver1">Jump to verse 1</a>. Then go to the commentary text where verse 1 starts and insert this: <a name="ver1"></a> Now when you save the entry, you should be able to click on the text that says "Jump to verse 1" and it will go to where you marked the first verse to start.

Last edited:

No idea. :)

I looked through several of the Commentaries in SwordSearcher and didn't see any that had a separate Introduction or Outline to the Book, but when you're making your Commentary, you can insert a code that will let you jump to the first verse (or to a specific spot). In the Editor, you can click on the Code tab at the bottom of the panel and at the top of the page, put something like <a href="#ver1">Jump to verse 1</a>. Then go to the commentary text where verse 1 starts and insert this: <a name="ver1"></a> Now when you save the entry, you should be able to click on the text that says "Jump to verse 1" and it will go to where you marked the first verse to start.
Thanks much Marty - that works. It is going to take me some patience in trying to keep in my mind how to do this type HTML coding as I have never used it in anything HTML I've ever done inside the Microsoft Expression Web 4 program that I know of.

At age 79, I deal with a lot of tedious stuff while creating but this type tedious is just a little too tedious and is going to require much patience in trying to keep in mind the coding your suggested.

You have greatly helped in showing me how to do this. I can now jump to any part of the entry that I want.

Thanks much Marty - that works. It is going to take me some patience in trying to keep in my mind how to do this type HTML coding as I have never used it in anything HTML I've ever done inside the Microsoft Expression Web 4 program that I know of.

At age 79, I deal with a lot of tedious stuff while creating but this type tedious is just a little too tedious and is going to require much patience in trying to keep in mind the coding your suggested.

You have greatly helped in showing me how to do this. I can now jump to any part of the entry that I want.
I'm happy that it's useful! You could copy and paste the code and then you wouldn't have to type it every time. You can copy the first code and paste it into each book, then go back and copy the second code and paste it in where you want to jump to in each book. It's fun to put code in and then have something special happen. Years ago I learned html code by looking at the coding for something I liked on a web page, then playing with it to see if I could make it do what I wanted on my web page. Things are done differently now, but some of the old tricks still work!

I'm happy that it's useful! You could copy and paste the code and then you wouldn't have to type it every time. You can copy the first code and paste it into each book, then go back and copy the second code and paste it in where you want to jump to in each book. It's fun to put code in and then have something special happen. Years ago I learned html code by looking at the coding for something I liked on a web page, then playing with it to see if I could make it do what I wanted on my web page. Things are done differently now, but some of the old tricks still work!
Have you ever tried this site - https://www.w3schools.com - I referred to it today while trying to figure out the coding that wsbones had on that Constable module where he had the image and the coding attachments. I still have not figured that one out as I do not understand the co-ordinate coding, and even worse was trying to figure out the co-ordinate stuff on the circle at https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_areamap

Have you ever tried this site - https://www.w3schools.com - I referred to it today while trying to figure out the coding that wsbones had on that Constable module where he had the image and the coding attachments. I still have not figured that one out as I do not understand the co-ordinate coding, and even worse was trying to figure out the co-ordinate stuff on the circle at https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_areamap
When I used to do image mapping, I used a little program called "MapEdit" - it's very inexpensive. I still have it, but don't have a lot of use for it anymore, just for SwordSearcher projects. I think they have a free trial, and it's very easy to use. https://www.boutell.com/mapedit/

Back