Sermon Storage

Pastor Langley

Beginning 2024 I have used SwordSearcher exclusively for my Sermon Prep, Bible Searches, Daily Bible Study, etc.
What ways do you guys (preachers) keeping all this sorted?
My old system was a folder a year with list of all sermons inside easy to navigate using (MS WORD).
With SwordSearcher I chose to place all sermons in a Commentary Module not a Book Module.

Using SwordSearcher I created a book module named [Ser_list] My SS Sermons inside that book module is a list of all my sermon titles with a links to all my sermons in my commentary module [Langley]. Created by using - Edit, Insert, Link to an Entry in Book or Commentary Module...
Example: Israel is a wonderful place Langley: De 7:6
Hope I have asked and explained well enough from a preachers prospective here...

There are advantages to putting sermons in a book. The drop down selector for a book would allow you to find any sermons on a subject easily. Also you could put a margin link in the Bible for the sermon book. Most of the sermon collections in SS use a book. Check these or type ctrl-m and enter the word sermon to find the sermon collections in your SS modules.

1727657349897.png

Thank you so much.
Hopefully others may send advice.
I like your thinking. Getting data from Commentary Module to Book Module will take a few clicks but it helps me leran what to do and what not to do.
My wheels are turning to go your way now. Seems it would be an advantage. Here is look at what I started with. One page only with OT and NT with totals. This way I thought I could build an Index TOC etc. and as you stated better than the drop down in Commentary section.
This list allows me to title the sermon and link it to the Commentary location without looking through the commentary drop down. To make it easier it will search within the book module area so yes it is sounding better to do a Book Module.
Screenshot 2024-09-29 200928.jpg

Commentary modules are for commentaries, but if your sermons are always expository then a commentary module would work as well. Alexander MacLaren's commentary is actually a collection of sermons.

But I would generally recommend using a book module for sermons.

Ok thanks everyone.

Back