Small bug ver 5.1.1.1

wsbones

Beta Tester
I 2clicked on the Bible window verse reference to go to my default commentary for this verse. It shows no entry but gives a link for the previous note and the next note which have entries.

When I click the "next entry" down arrow in the commentary window, it goes to Gen 1:1 instead of the indicated verse.

It also happens with any commentary not having an entry for the current verse. For example I 2click on Acts 12:18 in the Bible window with Scofield as the current commentary. There is no entry but the commentary window says - preceeding Acts 12:11 next Acts 13:1. Now I click on the down arrow control and I get the Gen 1:1 comment.

I 2clicked on the Bible window verse reference to go to my default commentary for this verse. It shows no entry but gives a link for the previous note and the next note which have entries.

When I click the "next entry" down arrow in the commentary window, it goes to Gen 1:1 instead of the indicated verse.

It also happens with any commentary not having an entry for the current verse. For example I 2click on Acts 12:18 in the Bible window with Scofield as the current commentary. There is no entry but the commentary window says - preceeding Acts 12:11 next Acts 13:1. Now I click on the down arrow control and I get the Gen 1:1 comment.

Thank you for the report. I'll get this behavior changed in the next update. Actually, this behavior has been the same for years and this is the first time anyone has seemed to notice! As you say, it's small. Thanks again.

Thank you for the report. I'll get this behavior changed in the next update. Actually, this behavior has been the same for years and this is the first time anyone has seemed to notice! As you say, it's small. Thanks again.

I think I've actually seen this happen, but at the time I think since there wasn't any note to see on a particular verse, it didn't really strike me as abnormal when it wanted to go back to Gen. 1.1.

I think I've actually seen this happen, but at the time I think since there wasn't any note to see on a particular verse, it didn't really strike me as abnormal when it wanted to go back to Gen. 1.1.

Right -- it's not technically a bug. The up/down buttons are to move to the next or previous entry relative to what is currently displayed. If there is no entry currently displayed, they just move to the first or last entry since there isn't actually an index to move from.

But, bottom line, it would be a nice usability improvement to make it work as Bill expected it to work, so that's now on the to-do list. :)

Thanks all.

Back