Somehow missing a module supposed to be in the Deluxe

Mairi Stewart

Hi, I found a good answer to a question in Bullinger's Appendixes and it appears I don't have the Companion Bible, isn't it supposed to be in the Deluxe edition? How do I get it? Thank you.

Hi, I found a good answer to a question in Bullinger's Appendixes and it appears I don't have the Companion Bible, isn't it supposed to be in the Deluxe edition? How do I get it? Thank you.
https://www.swordsearcher.com/bible-study-library/bullinger-companion-bible.html
Is CBApx in Sword Searcher 8 😊
But im squinting from my phone maybe I've mistaken your question

CBN is the other module in the set

Are they both in your library? Easy to quick check; by typing the abbreviation into the F6 search window it'll pop up in the lower part of the results if so .

I just noticed that Brandon also supplies an additional work bearing this author's name in the module section.
https://forums.swordsearcher.com/resources/bullingers-commentary-on-revelation-ewbrev.143/

Last edited:
Yes, thank you I found the CBApx and the CBN by using the F6 as you suggested, but not the Bible itself. Maybe I'm thinking the Companion Bible itself is supposed to be there but it isn't? I was just reading somewhere on here or online that the notes are more used so maybe it's not real important.

Yes, thank you I found the CBApx and the CBN by using the F6 as you suggested, but not the Bible itself. Maybe I'm thinking the Companion Bible itself is supposed to be there but it isn't? I was just reading somewhere on here or online that the notes are more used so maybe it's not real important.
All the notes and annotations are there, and the easy acess to them is by placing these titles in your margin links. Then while you are using your regular study Bible (I use the tsk-kjv) all the notes get accessed easy in the margin links you set up. For a tutorial.
https://www.swordsearcher.com/video/qt/controlling-margin-links.htm

Yes, thank you I found the CBApx and the CBN by using the F6 as you suggested, but not the Bible itself.

The CBN is the Companion Bible Notes. The CBApx is the Appendix part of the Companion Bible. That constitutes the entirety of the Companion Bible insofar as non-Scripture content is concerned. There is no Companion Bible Module per se, as that would be no different from the KJV Bible module.

The CBN is the Companion Bible Notes. The CBApx is the Appendix part of the Companion Bible. That constitutes the entirety of the Companion Bible insofar as non-Scripture content is concerned. There is no Companion Bible Module per se, as that would be no different from the KJV Bible module.

Thanks. It really is better to stick with the original. Some Bibles have some really good modern English in some places, not so good in others. I would categorize them basically as notes /paraphrases. It seems the author of these notes would not be the type to attempt another English translation, but sometimes there might be cross-references. I had not realized there was a separate notes module when I wrote the post.

Last edited:
Thanks. It really is better to stick with the original. Some Bibles have some really good modern English in some places, not so good in others. I would categorize them basically as notes /paraphrases....
Such a great thought :) Even some early critics of the King James Bible and others who had done their own Translations would agree with you, that the finished Original King James Bible was superior and surpassed even their own individual attempt.

From the module [TRev] The Translators Revived
https://forums.swordsearcher.com/resources/the-translators-revived-by-alexander-w-mcclure-d-d.309/

Dr. John Taylor, of Norwich, a very learned man, but unhappily an Arian, thus delivers his testimony;--”You may rest fully satisfied, that as our English translation is, in itself, by far the most excellent book in our language, so it is a pure and plentiful fountain of divine knowledge, giving a true, clear, and full account of the divine dispensations, and of the gospel of our salvation; insomuch that whosoever studieth the Bible, the English Bible, is sure of gaining that knowledge and faith, which, if duly applied to the heart and conversation, will infallibly guide him to eternal life. (Scheme, &c., Chap. XI. In Watson’s Collection of Theological Tracts. Vol. I., p. 188.)”
...this of all versions, must, in general; be accounted the most excellent. Every sentence, every word, every syllable, every letter and point, seem to have been weighed with the nicest exactitude; and expressed, either in the text, or margin, with the greatest precision.
To this testimony let there be added that of Dr. Alexander Geddes, who himself also attempted a re-translation of the Bible into English;--”The highest eulogiums have been made on the translation of James the First, both by our own writers and by foreigners. And, indeed, if accuracy, fidelity, and the strictest attention to the letter of the text, be supposed to constitute the qualities of an excellent version, this of all versions, must, in general; be accounted the most excellent. Every sentence, every word, every syllable, every letter and point, seem to have been weighed with the nicest exactitude; and expressed, either in the text, or margin, with the greatest precision.

[as I understand this, the scholar Dr. A. Geddes grants acclaim of the superiority of the King James Bible over the Geneva Bible which was carried also in his day -Hmlss]

Last edited:
Hi Brandon, I can't see any of EW Bullinger's "metrical" renderings in the book I am currently working- Job. These should be in his notes, but they aren't, nor in the apx.

The Companion Bible data that I have (purchased from another publisher many years ago) contains the Annotations (commentary/marginal notes) and the Appendixes from the Companion Bible. Unfortunately this doesn't include his alternative translation of Job. I had to find a printed Companion Bible to make sure I understood what you referring to as I had forgotten this was part of the original Companion Bible.

Back