ss dictionary problym

James Taylor

after my last update i cannot use the dictionary. it does not allow me to clear the type in window so that i can do a search. this also applies to other books in the same window. it dosent seem to do this all the time. any one having this problym. Also i never understood why you have to clear the type in window before you could use it. example-when you go to webster, the a is in the way and you have to clear it first. why is it there.

after my last update i cannot use the dictionary. it does not allow me to clear the type in window so that i can do a search. this also applies to other books in the same window. it dosent seem to do this all the time. any one having this problym. Also i never understood why you have to clear the type in window before you could use it. example-when you go to webster, the a is in the way and you have to clear it first. why is it there.

It's there to show you the entry you're currently on.

Just clicking on the edit box should automatically select the entire line, and you can just start typing to erase what is currently shown. It doesn't work this way for you?

As for not seeing the dictionary -- do you mean the panel isn't visible? Try resetting to a default layout on the View menu.

o.k. i just went to webster a-j and there is an a in the window. i cant get the a to go away no matter what i do. i go to names and the word arron is in the window and i cant get it to go away so that i can type in another name. should i re-install the program again. thanks.

o.k. i tried every thing except for just typing over the existing word and that works well. i just dont remember it being like that but on the other hand i am a senior citizen. never mind.

Back