SS for a PDA

dale

Beta Tester
This may have been asked but do you have a version for a PDA (pocket pc)
It would great for carring around
dale

No, there is no version of SwordSearcher for PDAs.

ok thank you just wondering.
dale

I've been looking at PDAs (I'm due for a new phone) and have been wondering if one of the older SS versions, say v2 or v3.4 that are included on the CD would work on a PDA... or is it more than file sizes that would prevent it from working on the PDA?

PDAs run special operating systems and software must be specifically compiled for them, so older versions of SwordSearcher will not work on PDAs or Smartphones.

The tools I use to develop SwordSearcher are Windows-only (WinXP/Vista, not Windows Mobile). A Smartphone version of SwordSearcher would be a ground-up new program. I still have a long wish-list and to-do list for SwordSearcher, so it is not likely that I will divide my development time between multiple platforms.

I did try this in the past, though. Because of limitations inherent to mobile devices, I would have had to take so much out of the user interface that the result would be SwordSearcher in name only. That kind of project does not really appeal to me.

Ah. Now I understand. Thanks! I won't be looking so hard for a new phone with PDA - my old flip-phone will do fine! See what you've saved me? :-D

(We keep looking for the portable SwordSearcher because we like the program so much that we want to take it with us everywhere!) 8)

Back