Swordsearcher 5.1 On Linux

mshives

Beta Tester
Just to Let everyone know, the latest release runs very well on Linux distribution Ubuntu 7.04 using WINE (WINdows Emulator) (the version that comes with Ubuntu).

I have been using SS for about 8 years. Major versions 4 and 5 have been able to run on Linux/WINE with no problems.

Please accept my apologies for waiting to post this until now. Wanted to completely test SS5 using Ubuntu 7.04 on a variety of hardware (P3, P4, Core Duo, AMD). So far, each platform runs it very well with obvious varying degrees of performance (read; slow on a P3, but then anything is slow on a P3 in comparison).

This testing is being done to support those Missionaries in the field who do not have the $$ to pay for Microsoft software. Not all churches and Mission boards are willing to pay for it either. As many of you know, their funding is very limited and tight these days with the declining dollar. Building custom PC's with Linux loaded has helped many Missionaries and being able to load SS (purchased of course) is a HUGE plus for them.

Enjoy!

I have been using SS for about 8 years. Major versions 4 and 5 have been able to run on Linux/WINE with no problems.

Thanks once again! I moved your post out of the beta area since 5.1 has been publicly released.

Back