SwordSearcher 5.3 Released

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
SwordSearcher Bible Software version 5.3 released!

Current user upgrade information:
http://www.swordsearcher.com/upgrade.html

Not using SwordSearcher yet? Read all about it here:
http://www.swordsearcher.com

Complete revision history:
http://www.swordsearcher.com/revhist.html

Here are some highlights for this release:
  • New library modules: Gaebelein?s Annotated Bible commentary, Mackintosh?s Notes on the Pentateuch, and the Writings of C.H. Mackintosh.
  • The new Scan Text for Verse References tool allows you to paste in text from any source, such as a web page, and have all of the verse references automatically hyperlinked, so that holding your mouse over the reference shows the text of the verses. With this tool, you can easily check out Scripture references from any document or web page without having to type them in!
  • Bible search verse lists show match count as well as the verse count.
  • Complete User Editor overhaul. Improvements to the SwordSearcher internal editor for personal commentaries and book are too numerous to list here. Additions include a Bible-word aware spell check, automatic verse reference linking, new linking options, and more.
  • Improvements to clipboard copy functions.
  • SwordSearcher now understands well over 2,000 different variations of book names and abbreviations for identifying Bible passages. It?s easier than ever before to tell SwordSearcher what you?re looking for!
  • Much, much more. View the complete revision history for the complete list at http://www.swordsearcher.com/revhist.html .
As always, customers who already have SwordSearcher Deluxe can get the latest CD-ROM at a significant discount. For complete upgrade details, including a program file update by download, see http://www.swordsearcher.com/upgrade.html .

Wahoo! Congratulations, Brandon, on another successful release! It just gets better and better! :D

Excellent news, and congratulations on the new release.

i everyone, got my SwordSearcher 5.3 at lunch time today, and had it up and running with-in minutes. It looks like the best buy I have bought in years. Thanks Brandon :D .

Here is a very minor update.

It has been discovered that in some circumstances on Windows Vista, the Bible panel does not properly format text when paragraph mode is enabled. This is easily fixed by downloading this "hotfix" update:

SwordSearcher-5.3.1.4-HotFix.exe
(2.1 MB)

There are no other changes in this hotfix update. Once you've installed it, you can verify that you have the hotfix by going to Help > About SwordSearcher and looking at the version number, which will be 5.3.1.4 if the hotfix is installed.

Please note: do not install the hotfix if you are using a version prior to 5.3. In that case, follow the normal upgrade procedure here.

This new version of SwordSearcher is better than the invention of the wheel. :)

My friend and I have been using it to put things from the internet or in document format directly into new modules. Also, this new version of Forge is super also.

What a great product you have. IMHO it is better than all these expensive $100, $200 or more programs.

MGB,
Regie

Reggie, I will say amen to that, I have, over the past 3 weeks or so just been musing around SS, and getting to know my way around,(I am not computer wise, but I find enough to get me going).

I am gathering my bible notes and extra material so I can put them into one spot, so I really dont have to go out of SS to find anything.

my whole bible study is centred around SS, and my library(such as it is) will be past on, so that will please my wife,(she is not saved, therefore doesnt know the value of good scriptural books:) )

Thank you Brandon for such a good software.

every blessing.
john

my whole bible study is centred around SS, and my library(such as it is) will be past on, so that will please my wife,(she is not saved, therefore doesnt know the value of good scriptural books:) )

Thank you Brandon for such a good software.

every blessing.
john

John, I'll be praying for your wife's salvation. I have some in my family who need some praying for, too! Don't they know that they're holding up the coming of our Lord?

I agree that SwordSearcher is the greatest program - I get excited about it every time I use it - that's a lot of excitement. Brandon has made it so easy to get immersed in God's Word! Thank you, Brandon! And just see the glory of God!

marty, Thank you for your prayers for my wife, they would most appreciated, and I would also covet your prayer for my 2 sons,( 38/ 35 years of age) and my daughter who is in a backsliding state at the moment(29 years of age). My second youngest son, his wife and daughter,(daughter who is 7 years of age) are wonderfully saved "Praise God".

I will most certainly be praying for your loved one too.

Looking forward to getting version 5.3. I ordered it and am waiting patiently for these new resources (Angela, my webpartner placed the order and she has already received the copies in the mail - I should get it tomorrow at church!!).

I really appreciate this: Scan Text for Verse References tool. I receive various devotionals and studies through my email, and over the course of time, I have gotten so far behind. Sometimes I have an opportunity to read older emails at work or home, but perhaps do not have time to look up all the references. Being able to paste my email into Swordsearcher and instantly have the verses (and whole passages available) is so helpful.

Two suggestions or observations:

1) Can you consider adding bolded and italicized text to that tool? It is great to be able to read the article with the verses right there - but sometimes the author places special emphasis in their writings - perhaps just a word or a highlighted phrase - that it is easy to miss if you don't see the emphasized text.

2) I noticed today that some articles (such as Days Of Praise devotionals through http://www.icr.org) use two "v's" in some references (ie. if they are referring to more than one verse in a chapter - such as Psalm 12: vv. 6-7). With this extra "v", the verse reference does not highlight. When I just delete the "v", the reference is highlighted normally and works right.

I really appreciate how you can just paste text into the box and voila, it is ready. Plus, the "clear" button is helpful - you don't have to highlight the text or manually delete it. Much faster if you are reading multiple articles.

All in all, a great addition! Thanks Brandon for making my Bible study and research so much easier. God bless.

I love this software, it's the easiest, most compressive, program I?ve ever seen, I?ve got Logos, it?s great, but it?s bulky, and not very user-friendly. I love the fact that you can go to any verse, and instantly, you can see all the commentaries that talk about it and see what Bible Dictionaries and other books say about that verse. I have yet to see any other program that has this feature.

Back