SwordSearcher Wish List

Pastor Langley

WordSearch uses a tiny (system process) program called, ZipScript, would this be something I can do locally in my SS, or simply use the built in function of Control+Alt+V as I have been doing in SS? Its nice to have the text choice instead of having to actually type (Joh 3:16) to insert. Yes this is lazy, and simply a request; but if you don't ask you don't get answers. I use Office 365 for all Bible work. The word processor editor in SS may be great, I just prefer Word and separate data storage for simplicity. Thank you.

I can't comment on ZipScript, I know nothing about it. Ctrl+Alt+V is the way to save a few steps pasting verse text into other applications.

ZipScript is a powerful utility that allows you to copy Scripture text without having to run your WORDsearch program. ZipScript comes in handy when you know a Scripture reference and want to paste the Scripture text into an email, your word processor, or any other program.
Here is link to ZipScript:

Often I use this when in emails , counseling, bible study, outlines, etc. It allows choice of all 66 books any chapter, etc. and will paste from mouse click.
The only reason I have kept it is the ease of use. It is a visual help I guess I am saying.
At age 67 you don't remember enough, even when you try... ha

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-20 191719.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-20 191719.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 163
Thanks. Here's a video demonstrating the workflow of copying verses to other applications from SwordSearcher. Right now, the idea is that if you're doing Bible-related writing on your computer, SwordSearcher would be open, and you could switch to it to refer to verse text and copy content to the clipboard to paste into Word documents or emails, etc.

I'm just including this hear for people who may come across this thread and wonder how these things are done with SwordSearcher.

Curious. Does SS have to come to the front? Could the paste dialog just pop up in front of the Word doc or other application?

Curious. Does SS have to come to the front? Could the paste dialog just pop up in front of the Word doc or other application?
It would be possible to make just the dialog appear, but that would take a bit of code refactoring... I'll add it to my list of things to look at.... EDIT: well, as long as it is a child window of SwordSearcher it's not going to be "easy." I don't think I'll be spending the time on this that it would take to make it work differently.

Back