sync options

wsbones

Beta Tester
I have a custom layout with all the windows floating. I close all but the Bible window. When I double click a word in the Bible, it brings up the dictionary I have chosen to look up that word. When I double click a verse ref., it does not bring up the active commentary window although it does sync the verse. Could it also bring up the commentary window if it is closed?

I like the way the mouse wheel scrolls the window that the cursor is positioned over by making it the active window.

I have a custom layout with all the windows floating. I close all but the Bible window. When I double click a word in the Bible, it brings up the dictionary I have chosen to look up that word. When I double click a verse ref., it does not bring up the active commentary window although it does sync the verse. Could it also bring up the commentary window if it is closed?

Technically, yes, it could -- but it doesn't by design. My thinking is that sync actions should be non-disruptive, which is why it doesn't try to force open the commentary panel.

I will consider adding a preference option to change it. In the meantime, tapping F12 will open the commentary panel with one keypress.

Technically, yes, it could -- but it doesn't by design. My thinking is that sync actions should be non-disruptive, which is why it doesn't try to force open the commentary panel.

I will consider adding a preference option to change it. In the meantime, tapping F12 will open the commentary panel with one keypress.

It's not a big deal. It's the first time I tried this layout and thought it should work like the action of books, searches, and verse guide. When you have only the Bible window open, it doesn't seem like anything happens if you 2click the verse. Most people probably would not use this layout. Whatever you decide is fine. Thanks.

Back