Table backgrounds

Regie

I have created some tables for an index to a work I am now doing. For some reason I do not understand, in some parts of the table(s) it has a yellow background color. How do you edit the background colors in tables? I might like colored backgrounds, but I want to choose my own color. :)

I don't know if there's an easier way to do it without editing in code mode, but if you do go to code mode you can insert a color background using this bit - bgColor=red - where "red" can be any color you want - there are also color numbers or hex codes that will give you different shades (you can look them up online or get them from your photo editor color selector). If you insert the color code in the table tag, e.g., <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 1em" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="75%" border=1 bgColor=red>, the whole table background will be red, but if you insert the color code in the row or cell tag, only the cell or row will be that color, e.g., <TR bgColor=red> or <TD vAlign=top bgColor=red>. TR = Table Row TD = Table Data, or the individual cell.

It's possible that the table took on some formatting of pasted content. Probably editing the HTML code to remove it is what you will need to do, as @marty suggests.

Thanks much to you both. It looks like it must have been some formatting of some content that messed it up in a few places but changing the bgcolor made it all turn out ok. It has been a long time since I have gone into the coding editor but I learned some new things with the help of Marty and even ventured so far as to make all the tables the same width. Again thanks much to both of you.

I have just finished with my project when I came back and saw your message. Maybe I will remember this if I have to create another table sometime. Thanks.

Back