Tabs

wsbones

Beta Tester
I think it would be more productive if the tabs were always in alphabetical order starting at the top left instead of rearranging themselves whenever you choose a tab in a different row.

With many book tabs visible, I am always searching for a book tab instead of finding it in the same place each time. I use a very small font so that I have maximum screen space for content. That make it even more challenging.

Any one else have an opinion on this?

I think it would be more productive if the tabs were always in alphabetical order starting at the top left instead of rearranging themselves whenever you choose a tab in a different row.

With many book tabs visible, I am always searching for a book tab instead of finding it in the same place each time. I use a very small font so that I have maximum screen space for content. That make it even more challenging.

Any one else have an opinion on this?

Would be okay with me either way.

I would agree with Bill as well

Thanks for the feedback. It is being considered presently.

You know I hardly ever use the commentaries, but I also find it disconcerting to have to shuffle back through the tabs to find the one I'm looking for. I never mentioned it cause I thought it was just me and my wanting things in the same place every time and organizing everything mode. :)

You know I hardly ever use the commentaries, but I also find it disconcerting to have to shuffle back through the tabs to find the one I'm looking for. I never mentioned it cause I thought it was just me and my wanting things in the same place every time and organizing everything mode. :)

Well that should settle it then :)

You saying I have some sort of clout with the programmer? :) Or was it that I was the last active forum member to chime in hence completing the consensus?

.....yes.....

Just to follow up a bit: The tabs "move" because the active tab is supposed to appear connected to the viewing area. Having them "not move" will do two things:

1. The tabs will appear disconnected from the viewing area, except for the ones on the bottom row.

2. It will be harder to tell which tab is currently selected.

This dilemma has presented itself recently as the SwordSearcher library has grown, and for people with dozens of third-party modules installed, the whole tabs metaphor becomes problematic.

It is of course very easy to hide tabs you don't want, but that doesn't always work for everyone.

The first thing I am planning to do is to integrate an alphabetical popup menu for the tabs similar to the main Commentary and Book menus, so that you can easily get a "list" with a single click, rather than looking through the tabs (and without going up to the main menu, as you can now).

1. The tabs will appear disconnected from the viewing area, except for the ones on the bottom row.

2. It will be harder to tell which tab is currently selected.

Won't the tabs still be highlighted if there is an entry for the topic? Won't the currently selected tab still be highlighted differently?

Won't the tabs still be highlighted if there is an entry for the topic? Won't the currently selected tab still be highlighted differently?

Yes, depending of course on the tab color settings the user may have chosen. Still, my view is that a tab is supposed to connect to the card it is on, so not shifting them breaks the metaphor.

Frankly, the tab control I am using doesn't support the functionality you are asking for. I'll look into seeing how much work it would be to change it, though, so that I can add it as a preference setting.

If the concern is just the ability to locate tabs quickly, I think I may already have another solution for that. Stay tuned...

Back