The word "if" after a bible verse

Regie

Has anyone here ever worked on a module and you found in the text from which you are copying: "
final judgment (Re 14:14 if.)"

I don't think it is a misprint for someone meaning Re 14:14ff but I sure am curious as to what in the world it could mean.

Anyone know or got any ideas?

Thanks,
Regie

I haven't seen that. Where was the text you were copying? Was it from a module or from a Bible? Could it be a Bible version reference, like "Re 14:14 KJV"? I would look carefully at the source.

I haven't seen that. Where was the text you were copying? Was it from a module or from a Bible? Could it be a Bible version reference, like "Re 14:14 KJV"? I would look carefully at the source.
Thanks much for your reply and Brandon's. I had never seen it before and I think Brandon has it right. It means that Revelation 14:14 is the source for the preceding words. Here is more of the quote from which I got it:
"But as soon as we enter the second main division of the book there is a change. In the very first section of this main division we have a real description of the final judgment (Re 14:14 if. ). It is, however, a symbolic representation. Under the symbolism of a double harvest the final judgment is pictured to us."

In Fonte meaning source, I think.

Similar is another one I just cannot figure out what it means:
"Notice the picture of Christ's coming unto judgment (Re 19: n if. ). 'And I saw the heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon called Faithful and True; and in righteousness he judges and does battle .... ' "
I found nothing to give me any ideas for it.

Thanks,
Regie

Similar is another one I just cannot figure out what it means:
"Notice the picture of Christ's coming unto judgment (Re 19: n if. ). 'And I saw the heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon called Faithful and True; and in righteousness he judges and does battle .... ' "
I found nothing to give me any ideas for it.

Thanks,
Regie
Regie, what work is this from?

Back