Trouble understanding how the dropdown box in a book module works.

IamKJVonly

I have created a user (book) module I named "MyNotes" I also created a commentary module I call "MyComments"

Whenever I build a link from my "MyComments" to "MyNotes"
For example: From "MyComments" I select the book "MyNotes" and select Note200.
I am taken to the book module "MyNotes" and the name of the note appears in the module's drop down box. Note200. (Which I expect)

Now; I click on the down arrow(?) on the right side of the book's dropdown box. I get a list of all my notes.

My problem is that the dropped down list starts with Note001 in the book module. It does NOT start with the name that was originally in the drop down box Note200. (I was not expecting this.)
Why doesn't the drop down list start with the name the was originally in the drop down box note200??

For example if I build the same type of link from "MyComments" to Easton dictionary wanting the word "Korah" I get Easton's dictionary and the drop down box says "Korah" and if I drop that list down (expand it?) The drop down list starts with Korah and continues on from there. It doesn't start with the letter "A" which is the first entry in the dictionary.

Why doesn't MyNotes: book work the same way. "MyNotes" always start with the first note in the list (note001) instead Note200 which is in the dropdown box?

I hope you can understand what I'm saying;
Dave

Now; I click on the down arrow(?) on the right side of the book's dropdown box. I get a list of all my notes.

I have a similar setup with notes and topics. Mine works correctly - showing the topics from the current one when I click the down arrow, rather than from the beginning of the drop down list. What version of SS are you using?

Thanks wsbones
You got me to try a new book to make sure it wasn't version problem and in the process I found out what the problem was.
!!!Operator error as usual.!!! LOL

If the drop down list can show more items than there are in the book it will show all the Items. (In my case notes)

If there are more item in the book than can be shown in the drop down list then it will only show those items from the current item on down the list. I was testing with only 4 items.

Thanks for getting me to look in the right area.
Hopefully I'll catch my mistakes sooner next time.

Thanks again
Dave.

Back