Ubuntu Linux

wsbones

Beta Tester
I decided to install Ubuntu linux on my old Compaq Presario 2100. Then I installed Wine - windows emulator. Finally I installed SS 5 under Wine. Everything seems to be working except for the fonts in the verse link popups and in certain headings in the preferences dialogs (i.e. setting individual panel fonts - the words Bible Panel, Commentary Panel ... ) . They are in Greek. Does anyone know how to get these into English. The Bible texts and commentaries are all OK.

I was very pleased with the whole install process and the results otherwise. I am a Linux newbie so make the help on fonts easy to understand :) Thanks.

If you can get a copy of the Verdana font on to your WINE installation, everything should look OK. You will then want to go to File > Preferences and set the fonts to appropriate fonts.

Welcome to the other side Bill. :D

Thanks Gord,

I am on all sides now. I still need a mac but I have a win98, xp, vista, and now linux. linux is nice because everything seems to work and comes free.

Hey Bill I have been using Linux since 96 and I have been thinking about getting a Mac. I was standing in the Apple store just staring at one but I just couldn't make the leap and spend the money.

For the record I have never been thinking about getting a Windows machine.

Thanks Gord,

I am on all sides now. I still need a mac but I have a win98, xp, vista, and now linux. linux is nice because everything seems to work and comes free.
My OSX and Ubuntu are like O/S cousins. They both just work. I subscribed to Ubuntu's mail list for each new release, they send me a cd, and each release has gotten better.

Back