Unexpected search results

Eric

Beta Tester
I would expect that searching for "father god" as in the following screenshot would not find any hits in the KJV.
Search criteria SwordSearcher.jpg

But it did …
Search results SS 8.0.1.29 "father god".jpg

This was unexpected. Did I do something incorrectly? I would have thought that there would be no hits with "Find all word forms (English stemming)" off.

This is as designed. Since SwordSearcher 3, a search for a word includes its possessive forms. You didn't do anything wrong. :) A phrase search from the "normal search" tab will ignore all punctuation, which is usually what people want.

If you want an explicit string search, you can use the Character String Search tab, and you will get what you expect from that one.

This is as designed. Since SwordSearcher 3, a search for a word includes its possessive forms. You didn't do anything wrong. :) A phrase search from the "normal search" tab will ignore all punctuation, which is usually what people want.

If you want an explicit string search, you can use the Character String Search tab, and you will get what you expect from that one.

OK, fair enough. Hope I remember that!

I'd like that too.

Peter and Paul both occur 153 times when you subtract out the possessive form and they were both fishers of men, one to the Jews and one to the Gentiles. That ties back to the 153 fish in the net. It makes a nice anecdotal lesson. :) It only works in the KJV by the way.

Back