User Book Available

Thanks, Bill.

God bless,
Bro. Mike

I found that the last part of Ch 8 was missing and I improved the index of the book. I sent the latest to Bro. Mike to post on his web page. Sorry I didn't get it right the first time.

To Regie. I think I am done with this book, but I will probably convert the other books by Thomas Watson as time permits:

The Ten Commandments
The Beattitudes
The Lord's Prayer

I found that the last part of Ch 8 was missing and I improved the index of the book. I sent the latest to Bro. Mike to post on his web page. Sorry I didn't get it right the first time.

To Regie. I think I am done with this book, but I will probably convert the other books by Thomas Watson as time permits:

The Ten Commandments
The Beattitudes
The Lord's Prayer
Hello,

I see where I went wrong now. When I saw the ones not underlined I thought there were parts not done yet. I see now that they are sections of the ones that are linked.

Thanks much,
Regie

Hello All

All 4 of the Thomas Watson books, courtesy of Bill, have been posted on my web site, http://jesus-is-saviour.org, just follow the Sword Searcher Module link.

I have posted all 4 individually and as a collection in 1 zip file.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Hello All

All 4 of the Thomas Watson books, courtesy of Bill, have been posted on my web site, http://jesus-is-saviour.org, just follow the Sword Searcher Module link.

I have posted all 4 individually and as a collection in 1 zip file.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Mike, I tried to d/l the files, but no matter what I did the files wouldn't d/l. Is it just me or a problem on your end?

Hello Pastor Tim,

I was able to download OK, although with IE you sometimes have to go through some hoops. Did you get any error messages??

If you have access to an FTP client, I can put the files on my FTP server and you might have a better chance, but FTP via browser should be OK.

Let me know

God bless
Bro. Mike

Hello Pastor Tim,

I was able to download OK, although with IE you sometimes have to go through some hoops. Did you get any error messages??

If you have access to an FTP client, I can put the files on my FTP server and you might have a better chance, but FTP via browser should be OK.

Let me know

God bless
Bro. Mike

After giving some more thought to the matter, I figured out that my accelerator was getting in the way. As I understand it, it's not really supposed to, but it does sometimes. Once I figured it out, and disabled it for the d/l, the zipped file d/l'd just fine. Thanks.

BTW, you have a good web site & online witness. Perhaps you'll consider adding some things targeted to youth ministry / helps?

If you are interested, let me recommend you visit
http://www.realhelpforteens.com/index.php?PGNM=home

I think you will find it a helpful resource for youth ministry.

May the Lord increase your service and your tribe!

Hi BigEd, glad you were able to download them.

Hi Pastor Tim, I am glad you were able to download the files. Thanks for your kind words and words of encouragement. I will chack out the web site you gave me. That would be a great addition in the near future. I will need to work on our church web site in this area as well.

Take care all and God bless. Have a great Son-day!!

Bro. Mike

I converted "A Body of Divinity" by Thomas Watson to SS5book format. It's a Puritan doctrinal book written in the style of a catechism with lots of Bible references. You can get it at this link for the next 2 weeks. I someone wants to host it more permanently, that's fine with me.

http://www5.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=fa2638f3bb836ff661423674cc2e4903118a7168

That name wsbones has got me. Would you care to tell us what it means? :) Curosity killed the cat. Meow! :)

Brother LeRoy Rhodes has taken the Contents page of the one on the ten commandments and has made direct links. I will take that one and put it on my download place at www.salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only unless you object.

I think Bro. LeRoy is going to do the other Watson works that you have done the same way. If so, then I'll do them the same way but if not I'll put the others on my link also.

Please let me know if any of the above is not agreeable. Also, Bro. LeRoy is really appreciative of the work you have done for he had on his mind's back burner to do some Watson works sometime himself.

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

That name wsbones has got me. Would you care to tell us what it means? :) Curosity killed the cat. Meow! :)

Brother LeRoy Rhodes has taken the Contents page of the one on the ten commandments and has made direct links. I will take that one and put it on my download place at www.salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only unless you object.

I think Bro. LeRoy is going to do the other Watson works that you have done the same way. If so, then I'll do them the same way but if not I'll put the others on my link also.

Please let me know if any of the above is not agreeable. Also, Bro. LeRoy is really appreciative of the work you have done for he had on his mind's back burner to do some Watson works sometime himself.

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

I think it's a good idea to fix the TOC page with links. Thanks. By the way, I used the Bibletag software (mentioned in a previous post) to create all the verse links automatically in the 4 Watson works.

The WSBONES comes from my name William S Bonnell and also my wife's first name starts with an S. The Bones part came from a nickname in the past - somebody's idea of a contraction of Bonnell.

I think it's a good idea to fix the TOC page with links. Thanks. By the way, I used the Bibletag software (mentioned in a previous post) to create all the verse links automatically in the 4 Watson works.

The WSBONES comes from my name William S Bonnell and also my wife's first name starts with an S. The Bones part came from a nickname in the past - somebody's idea of a contraction of Bonnell.

Hello,

Thanks for the information and also the mention of the Bibletag software. I've downloaded it and have a question or two or so if you will.

Can it only be run from the DOS prompt? I saved mine to a subfolder named Bibletag and when I have tried to get it to work I have used the -swordsearcher option but it does nothing to the files I use. Does the -swordsearcher go right after I type bibletag at the DOS prompt? Then do I drag and drop the name of the file I want to convert? Will it convert web page documents and/or Word documents or Word text files?

Here is the way I have done one (to no avail) inside the DOS screen:

C:\Bibletag>bibletag -swordsearcher "C:\Documents and Settings\Regie\My Documents\THE LAW AND THE SAINT.doc"

Can you tell me if and/or what I did wrong in any of this?

Thanks,
Regie

I put a shortcut to Bibletag in the "Send to" folder. In the Bibletag directory, I have flags.txt with the following lines"

-swordsearcher
-v

When you use a plain text file as I did with the Watson series, you have to put <body> on the very first line of the text file. At the very end of the file put the closing </body>. You should also put <p> on lines where you want a paragraph to start. Otherwise it will be all jumbled together. Also, don't forget the $$ for Topic descriptions that will show up in the index.

Then rename the text file so it has an htm or html extension.

In Explorer or My Computer, select the htm file and right click. Pick the "sent to" from the menu and choose Bibletag.

This works for me.

I should have said it only works with html files not word documents. The html can be very simple as I mentioned in the previous post.

Back