Verse Guide in ver6?

biblechick

In ver 6, When I type a verse reference in the "GOTO" window on top left, and press <enter>, the verse guide comes up and takes up the whole SS window giving me a list of commentary references. I don't want the list of commentary references just to go to the verse I typed in. Didn't do this in 5.5.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

thanks much
Beth

In ver 6, When I type a verse reference in the "GOTO" window on top left, and press <enter>, the verse guide comes up and takes up the whole SS window giving me a list of commentary references. I don't want the list of commentary references just to go to the verse I typed in. Didn't do this in 5.5.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

thanks much
Beth

Go to the preferences and change the sync options, uncheck verse guide and select open commentary (or uncheck both options)

Hi Beth,

Go to File>Preferences and see what your Sync options has set for Go To Verse. Probably "Open a verse guide library search panel..." is checked. Try unchecking it and see if that takes care of the problem.

Marty

Ha! Bill is quicker than I am! :) Sorry for the double answer - I was still typing and didn't see his post.

That was it!

Works "perfectly" again now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!:p

God bless!

This behavior is the same as in 5.5 -- something must be "off" in your layout. If you encounter something like this again you can try resetting the layout to get the panel to size properly. (See view menu.)

Anyway, as you've already seen, you can disable the verse guide entirely.

Back