Implemented! Verse Guide suggestion

Jerry

Beta Tester
I love the Verse Guide, one of the most useful tools ever, and only a handful of Bible software products have something similar. Even then, no one does it faster than SS.

Anyways, right now the results for books are ordered alphabetically by the chapter heading. It would be even more useful to me if I had the option of displaying the results in book order, then chapter heading. So if I am interested in all the places where, say, Thompson Chain Topics references that verse, I have to hunt-n-peck through the list. I'd love to see them all grouped under the book. Some books carry more weight with me than others, and I always want to go through that book's list first. Does that make sense?

Jerry

Yes, it makes sense, and I intend to add the ability to set a preference on how the items are sorted in a future release.

As it is now, the way to do this is with the margin links. If you click the Chain link next to a verse, it will pop up a list of all the entries that reference it in the Chain module.

Ah, that helps. Thanks.

Jerry

Yes, it makes sense, and I intend to add the ability to set a preference on how the items are sorted in a future release.

As it is now, the way to do this is with the margin links. If you click the Chain link next to a verse, it will pop up a list of all the entries that reference it in the Chain module.

Brandon,
Does and can the Verse Guide work like the search feature or is that already incorporated somehow? Ex. in your video you stated and showed a search for "Jesus Christ" but if I try that in the Verse Guide it either does not work or I am lacking knowledge in this area.

Brandon,
Does and can the Verse Guide work like the search feature or is that already incorporated somehow? Ex. in your video you stated and showed a search for "Jesus Christ" but if I try that in the Verse Guide it either does not work or I am lacking knowledge in this area.

I don't understand your question. The Bible search and the Verse Guide are two different things -- I don't know what you mean about trying a search in the verse guide. Sorry. :confused:

The TVG is only looking at topic titles for Jesus Christ. It's not searching the text of all the resources. That could be done with the Full Library Search.

Back