What if...

RevTim

Beta Tester
...a person simply buys SS-5, and then wants to d/l some of the SS-4 user created mods.

How could they import them?

Simply by unzipping them ~ d/l'ing them into some specified folder and then running the import feature of 5?

Yes, that would work -- assuming the SS 4 modules are user modules, as most of the third-party ones are. They would just need to use the User > Import SwordSearcher 4.x User Module menu function in SS 5 and then point it to the location of the module they downloaded and extracted.

Since Forge is now available, it shouldn't be too long before third-party modules are updated for SS 5. It's been less than a week since SS 5 has been released, so beyond sending them a polite email you should probably give then a little time. :D

Yes, that would work -- assuming the SS 4 modules are user modules, as most of the third-party ones are. They would just need to use the User > Import SwordSearcher 4.x User Module menu function in SS 5 and then point it to the location of the module they downloaded and extracted.

Since Forge is now available, it shouldn't be too long before third-party modules are updated for SS 5. It's been less than a week since SS 5 has been released, so beyond sending them a polite email you should probably give then a little time. :D

I didn't have anyone in particular in mind. I was just curious to make sure I understood the process in general. Thanks.

Back