New forum software migration

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
As you might have noticed, the forum software has been changed.

The old system was getting pretty long in the tooth.

I've migrated the old forum posts, threads, and users to the new one. Hopefully the transition is a smooth one for you. If you have any problems, please let me know. You can email me directly at bstaggs@swordsearcher.com if there is a problem preventing you from logging in or posting.

You may want to double-check your profile settings. Your user name on the upper-right of the page can be used to access your profile. In particular, you may want to upload a new avatar (profile picture).

Also, signatures did not make it through the migration, so you will need to edit your signature if you want one.

Wow! Now I understand the Facebook post! This will take some getting used to, but it looks great! And I see that we have a "Like" button! :) And after I posted, I see that my signature did actually make it through the transition! :p

Wow! Now I understand the Facebook post! This will take some getting used to, but it looks great! And I see that we have a "Like" button! :) And after I posted, I see that my signature did actually make it through the transition! :p

Oh, that's good. I didn't see mine and assumed none made it through.

I saw that my signature has a link so I clicked on it and it brought up a non-existent page: http://swordsearcher//bible/Jer32.17. :eek: I'll see if I can do something about that on my end (in the signature)...

I saw that my signature has a link so I clicked on it and it brought up a non-existent page: http://swordsearcher//bible/Jer32.17. :eek: I'll see if I can do something about that on my end (in the signature)...

For now you might just want to remove the hotlink. The forum software appears to always force the http in front of it. I'll need to find out of that can be changed.

I think the signature is ok now. This is a lovely page design! I like the clean look of it. Have you sent out an email advising members to expect something different with the forum? I thought I was in the wrong place when I first saw this.

Oh, never mind! I just got my email!

I think the signature is ok now. This is a lovely page design! I like the clean look of it. Have you sent out an email advising members to expect something different with the forum? I thought I was in the wrong place when I first saw this.

Oh, never mind! I just got my email!

Actually I haven't sent out an email just yet, I posted to the facebook page but will announce in the next newsletter. The emails you are getting are probably subscription notifications (you can turn them on or off in the profile settings).

On the Recent Activities page, on the right side there is a Recommendations box showing a couple links. The second link goes to an error page: [link removed]

Thanks, that should be fixed now.

There you go and just mess up the old guy, now I can't find where I put stuff, the color is all wrong(pink-really?) hard to see stuff, it wasn't broke-so what needed fix'n, all my usual clicking spots have been moved.....

Other then that it looks good. :D

it wasn't broke-so what needed fix'n,

Well, actually, the ancient forum software I replaced was giving serious problems in some newer browsers in the editor. I was having a lot of problems posting content myself, which was one of the reasons for the upgrade.

I have to get used to the new locations of the links/buttons too. ;)

I'm just joshing with you, but really, we need to choose our own color scheme...the pink really has to go.

You have pink? I have white with blue accents...

My "color expert" (that is, my wife, who isn't color blind like I am) assures me there is no pink here. I wonder if your monitor settings are a bit off -- I calibrate mine every few months since I have to do web design work.

It's orange or something that renders pink on the flat screen, pastel is good, green is better, BUT, being married over 43 years, the "color expert" wins.

Really what color are the headings on the main forum page, it all looks pink to me.

The main colors are blue/teal and the accented items are a cream-like color. That's what I'm told anyway. :)

Yup exactly what I thought "cream-like" PINK. :D

Gord, think of it as "Sandstone" and you'll feel better!

Back