Module icon

Free Add-on Dissertation Concerning The Antiquity Of The Hebrew-Language, Letters, Vowel-Points, And Accents 1.0
by John Gill [jgHebLang]

No permission to download

Eric

Beta Tester
John Gill's A Dissertation Concerning the Antiquity of the Hebrew Language, Letters, Vowel Points, and Accents (London: G. Keith, 1767).

This is something I'd like to see in a module in SwordSearcher. It's definitely public domain, and I'm sure there are many e-texts available.

That would be good, lot's of important information in there that could go a long way dispelling some modern "name myths."

I have this text and I will try to get it converted and posted as a module download as soon as I have time.

Brandon Staggs submitted a new module:

Dissertation Concerning The Antiquity Of The Hebrew-Language, Letters, Vowel-Points, And Accents - by John Gill [jgHebLang]

A highly technical dissertation of John Gill addressing the question of the originality of vowel points in the Hebrew text.

0. THE PREFACE
1. OF THE ANTIQUITY OF THE HEBREW LANGUAGE
2. CONCERNING THE ANTIQUITY OF THE HEBREW LETTERS
3. CONCERNING THE ORIGINAL OF THE SAMARITANS, THEIR LANGUAGE AND LETTERS
4. OF THE ANTIQUITY OF THE VOWEL-POINTS, AND ACCENTS

Read more about this module...

Wow! Thanks! That was sure fast! What about finding certain page numbers? I don't have any quoted text I can search for, but I want pages 38-66. Anyway they could be embedded so one could search for them? I also thought that it might be helpful for folks to know when he wrote it in the module information, since we now have so much information in SS that we forget who wrote what when …

Thanks again! Amazing timing. I read someone who referred to that work today, and I would like to study those pages. I'll figure it out somehow, even if my getting the scanned PDF and finding some text and searching SS for it.

How do I install this module?
Scroll to the top and look for the brown button in the right corner of the screen... click on that and when the download dialog box opens, navigate to your Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules folder and save it there. It will be available the next time you start SwordSearcher. :)

Scroll to the top and look for the brown button in the right corner of the screen... click on that and when the download dialog box opens, navigate to your Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules folder and save it there. It will be available the next time you start SwordSearcher. :)
thank you

Bro. Paul

Back