is there a macro for msword?

danw700

You have a macro that will bring the full verse into MS Word if you highlight a verse reference?

I use this type of macro all the time but none of my existing Bible software actually uses the English text of the pure Cambridge edition of the King James Bible.

I'm not really interested in all of your support libraries but I do need an electronic searchable copy of the Cambridge text of the pure King James Bible. Having macros work in MS Word would be extremely helpful.

Cheers for now
Dan

Or maybe some way to link and paste from www.av1611.com? E.g., there is VerseClick (http://av1611.com/verseclick/), which allows access to the KJV from websites. Maybe something there would work? But since you want to do it in a word processor, you probably need SwordSearcher.

The SwordSearcher option I thought of: In the attached PDF of SwordSearcher shortcuts, you'll see this:

Ctrl+Alt+V: From another application, such as MS Word, opens the Copy Verses dialog in SwordSearcher and automatically pastes the selected verse reference.

Maybe that is what you want. But Brandon will chime in, I'm sure, and clarify things. I'm sure SwordSearcher can do it.

Attachments

• SwordSearcher 8 shortcuts.pdf
    250.5 KB · Views: 351
Thank you so much for your reply, what I'm looking for is something similar to the macro in MS Word that was written for e-sword – highlight a biblical reference, run the macro and the full verse or versus I pasted into the word document. I'm drawn to this software because it is the text of the pure Cambridge edition of the King James Bible.

I'll try the shortcut key that you mention

Cheers for now
Dan

The Ctrl+Alt+V Shortcut will let you "auto paste" into any control in any application that accepts standard clipboard input, including MS Word.

Thank you so much for your reply. It all seems very handy but there is no direct link into MS Word 2010. One would have to highlight and copy the reference to the verse in the word document and pull up the control plus alt this plus v hotlink and then paste in the actual reference to get a direct link into MS Word.

I tend to work in outline format to produce videos and I always use the full first reference and text in my videos and documentation. I need a fast and simple way to paste the full text of verse references into word with a minimum number of keystrokes. This used to be organised by a macro. I am interested in your software because it is the only pure Cambridge text software that I can find. Regular expressions style of search is a very important to me but the rest of the reference works are not. Even your scan approach for references does not actually paste the text of the reference into the document which is what I am really looking for.

Maybe if I work in your notes program and then copy that across into word it might be simpler and easier to do. Once again thanks for your replies.

Cheers for now
Dan

Thank you so much for your reply. It all seems very handy but there is no direct link into MS Word 2010. One would have to highlight and copy the reference to the verse in the word document and pull up the control plus alt this plus v hotlink and then paste in the actual reference to get a direct link into MS Word.

I tend to work in outline format to produce videos and I always use the full first reference and text in my videos and documentation. I need a fast and simple way to paste the full text of verse references into word with a minimum number of keystrokes. This used to be organised by a macro. I am interested in your software because it is the only pure Cambridge text software that I can find. Regular expressions style of search is a very important to me but the rest of the reference works are not. Even your scan approach for references does not actually paste the text of the reference into the document which is what I am really looking for.

Maybe if I work in your notes program and then copy that across into word it might be simpler and easier to do. Once again thanks for your replies.

Cheers for now
Dan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Brother..........beings that I am a disabled vet with nerve damage to both of my hands I purchased some gaming mice where you can program macro's into one of the buttons of your choice thereby I just click and paste what I am looking for- works instantaneously! since I am also a guber-nerd I have many mechanical keyboards from years gone by and a Cherry G80-3700 number pad where you can also program the SS macro into a key of your choice, which also provides me with an instant "key-press" copy and paste as well. Both options work flawlessly.

If you go the mouse route just find a "gaming mouse" that has macro ability and then you do not have to alt-contr-v, however that option is still there.

AClmMM5m.jpg

Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse, inexpensive and works great....

1Szc7N5m.jpg

That's a great idea, Wes. Hadn't even occurred to me. :)

Thank you Wes for your detailed reply. I actually run speech recognition with a reasonable amount of macros and shortcuts concerning the Windows clipboard. What I was hoping for was a way in which something that was highlighted in MS Word could be picked up by SwordSearcher. For instance if I highlight a Bible reference 1 John 3:8 in MS Word and then use the hotkey control + Alt + V it would be nice if that highlighted reference showed up in the SwordSearcher box. If I have to copy the reference to the clipboard and then paste it into the SwordSearcher box is just another step that could have been replaced with a macro. e- sword has a very neat set of macros for MS Word but unfortunately does not have the correct pure Cambridge text. The history of the text of the English of the King James Bible is incredibly interesting :).

Personally I make it a fair amount of videos that are formed from narrated PowerPoint slides. I build my power points from using MS Word with a special export macro. I use word in outline format and anything in heading one becomes the slide Subject title and anything in heading 2 becomes the bullet points and anything in heading 5 becomes a speaker notes. PowerPoint is not speech recognition friendly at all. Basically I dictate in the scriptural references into MS Word and then use a macro to bring in the full verse. I would like to use sword search basically because of the purity of the English text and the correct settings that the pure Cambridge edition includes.

I was looking for a faster and easier way but maybe I will have to change the way in which I work and prepare material. Once again thank you all very much for your help and input.

Cheers for now
Dan

Well I finally bit the bullet and purchased the program :)

I do not need all the commentaries just the material concerning a King James Bible – how do I turn off those commentary links?

I wish there was a direct connection between MS Word and the software – I use speech recognition with voice commands and it is a whole heap of extra steps – it is worth it to get the correct settings that I want from the Cambridge pure text circa 1900.

It is amazing what a difference there is between a proper rendition of Spirit & spirit when it comes to the King James Bible. There are very few electronic versions of the King James Bible that had the text that you have. Well done.

Cheers for now
Dan

These videos will show you how to show and hide modules you do not want, and how to remove/add them for the Bible margin:

Controlling Visible Library Tabs
Controlling Margin Links

Lots more videos here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/video/index.html

Also, if you really do not want the modules at all, you can install choosing a "custom installation" and just pick the parts you want. You would need to uninstall SwordSearcher and re-install using the custom option during setup. I don't recommend doing that unless you really need to, since you can easily "hide away" the modules you don't want from the interface.

Well I finally bit the bullet and purchased the program :)

I do not need all the commentaries just the material concerning a King James Bible – how do I turn off those commentary links?

I wish there was a direct connection between MS Word and the software – I use speech recognition with voice commands and it is a whole heap of extra steps – it is worth it to get the correct settings that I want from the Cambridge pure text circa 1900.

It is amazing what a difference there is between a proper rendition of Spirit & spirit when it comes to the King James Bible. There are very few electronic versions of the King James Bible that had the text that you have. Well done.

Cheers for now
Dan
It is always a blessing and a nugget when the Holy Spirit (capital S) reveals that teaching truth to you. Kind of like Jesus and Joshua in Hebrews...........gotta watch 'em, the devil knows his Bible as well:eek:

Yes indeed brother :) – I am going to try and build a voice command script that will highlight a reference in word 2010 then and copy it to the clipboard then press the keystrokes control + alt + V then paste the clipboard into the field it return and Bob's your uncle :).

I have quite a lot Bible software – the first one I brought was Verse Search – still very fast and my favourite but unfortunately the text of the King James does not even have the Italic settings. This has a macro for integration with word. I then went down various package roots like logos – I was amazed that they kept all my modules online years after I had purchased the package I basically still use it because they have the old Ages electronic version of the works of John Fletcher and Wesley. I used to run all the other famous packages back in the day. I do E-sword which has a brilliant macro interface with MS Word. I have Bible study 6 from olive tree Bible software because they include notes by Donald Stamp – unfortunately edited after his death but nevertheless reasonably good.

As far as I can tell this is the only Bible software program that has the text of the pure Cambridge edition of the King James Bible circa 1900 any where. I do have the text in word, text in PDF format but not set up for easy searching in a particularly want to use regular expressions – I am getting on a bit now and I need to refresh my memory concerning. I like to search for things like "a verb + ing" for instance. I am very keen on the settings of the King James Bible. I found Bible by Zondervan once that had deliberately remove the commas out of Ephesians 4:12 so that it fit the explanation given in the commentary – I ask you :) – of course there were no notes to indicate that these commas, were missing

I have been tracking the editorial changes to the King James Bible since 1611 and I find them fascinating. I been an active Christian since 1963 and praise God by his grace and mercy I am still going strong. I came across this software a long time ago but I always thought that the price was a bit steep but to be fair there is a huge amount of programming work that has gone into this endeavour and really I ought to support all those who love his word and a part of the company that publishes word with Verity and consideration.

Anyway brethren thank you for your replies and help let us this keep rejoicing, Cheers for now,
Dan

Yes indeed brother :) – I am going to try and build a voice command script that will highlight a reference in word 2010 then and copy it to the clipboard then press the keystrokes control + alt + V then paste the clipboard into the field it return and Bob's your uncle :).

I have quite a lot Bible software – the first one I brought was Verse Search – still very fast and my favourite but unfortunately the text of the King James does not even have the Italic settings. This has a macro for integration with word. I then went down various package roots like logos – I was amazed that they kept all my modules online years after I had purchased the package I basically still use it because they have the old Ages electronic version of the works of John Fletcher and Wesley. I used to run all the other famous packages back in the day. I do E-sword which has a brilliant macro interface with MS Word. I have Bible study 6 from olive tree Bible software because they include notes by Donald Stamp – unfortunately edited after his death but nevertheless reasonably good.

As far as I can tell this is the only Bible software program that has the text of the pure Cambridge edition of the King James Bible circa 1900 any where. I do have the text in word, text in PDF format but not set up for easy searching in a particularly want to use regular expressions – I am getting on a bit now and I need to refresh my memory concerning. I like to search for things like "a verb + ing" for instance. I am very keen on the settings of the King James Bible. I found Bible by Zondervan once that had deliberately remove the commas out of Ephesians 4:12 so that it fit the explanation given in the commentary – I ask you :) – of course there were no notes to indicate that these commas, were missing

I have been tracking the editorial changes to the King James Bible since 1611 and I find them fascinating. I been an active Christian since 1963 and praise God by his grace and mercy I am still going strong. I came across this software a long time ago but I always thought that the price was a bit steep but to be fair there is a huge amount of programming work that has gone into this endeavour and really I ought to support all those who love his word and a part of the company that publishes word with Verity and consideration.

Anyway brethren thank you for your replies and help let us this keep rejoicing, Cheers for now,
Dan
SS is my go to Bible Software..........., I have a few other programs- but appreciate how Brandon exalts the KJV. I have a separate monitor that I use just for SS. The community here you will find is outstanding, compassionate and very helpful. I do not know every one's doctrine here- however Brandon's KJV site is very informative is straight up from what I have seen. I asked the Lord to accept and save me as a humble sinner back in 2002 and have never looked back. I credit Brandon and SS as part of my Spiritual growth as the Lord put it on his heart to design this software and provide at a reasonable cost as a tool to be used in our daily Bible reading and of course study. Lord has blessed me in preparing hundreds of lessons, sermons........ and I use SS to create them all. God is good, he has an infallable, perfect BOOK where in these days and times apostasy is now the rule, not the exception we find the door John spoke of in Revelation 3 closing more and more, souls need to be pointed to the the true Passover Lamb for redemption, salvation.

Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Praise the LORD !!!
I have been recently attacked by "the man of sins" about King James Version."The perfect Scriptures".(like yesterday). Some texts I found while I was searching answers for some studying that I am doing. I confess, I let the devil put a doubt in my mind...... BUT.... The LORD HIMSELF was looking after me. For as soon those things came to my mind and spirit, something; (and at this point believe you me, it was The LORD, THE HOLY SPIRIT. I KNOW.) brought my attention to my AV1611 The King James Bible Page. TAB on my toolbar.(http://av1611.com/kjbp/). The LORD Himself, is protecting HIS Holy Scriptures, and His Believers there of !!! I spent time in it,( the AV1611 page.) and the Spirit was keeping on saying: " See, see, see... This IS the Word of GOD, have NO doubts". over and over.
To some people this post is just another post of a "bible freak" who wants attention. But FOR me... it is the Hand of The Lord Himself.... I have been "protected from the enemy". DO not let anything coming in you spiritual house. There IS ONLY ONE Word of GOD..... THE KING JAMES VERSION 1611. PERIOD ! ! !
The enemy will try to strike you in the LAST place you will think of .... WARNING !!!!

Praise the Lord of MY Salvation.

... It is ALWAYS good to go back on such knowledge/information on the KJV AV1611 page; "To RE-confirm Your spirit and your mind.
God blessed ya'all.
"They will never pull away MY KJV from my hands, as long as I breath.!"
Amen.

Praise the LORD !!!
I have been recently attacked by "the man of sins" about King James Version."The perfect Scriptures".(like yesterday). Some texts I found while I was searching answers for some studying that I am doing. I confess, I let the devil put a doubt in my mind...... BUT.... The LORD HIMSELF was looking after me. For as soon those things came to my mind and spirit, something; (and at this point believe you me, it was The LORD, THE HOLY SPIRIT. I KNOW.) brought my attention to my AV1611 The King James Bible Page. TAB on my toolbar.(http://av1611.com/kjbp/). The LORD Himself, is protecting HIS Holy Scriptures, and His Believers there of !!! I spent time in it,( the AV1611 page.) and the Spirit was keeping on saying: " See, see, see... This IS the Word of GOD, have NO doubts". over and over.
To some people this post is just another post of a "bible freak" who wants attention. But FOR me... it is the Hand of The Lord Himself.... I have been "protected from the enemy". DO not let anything coming in you spiritual house. There IS ONLY ONE Word of GOD..... THE KING JAMES VERSION 1611. PERIOD ! ! !
The enemy will try to strike you in the LAST place you will think of .... WARNING !!!!

Praise the Lord of MY Salvation.
Thank the good Lord for Bible Freaks......., Jesus Freaks-- you are being counted and measured not with the GOATS, but with the SHEEP. Anytime we have doubts we understand by our "final authority" that your adversary (personal) is the one wanting you, me, us to doubt. You have boldness brother, am great ful for those that do. A lot of Christian's get so wrapped up in their Bible knowledge they lose what is most important......a heart, our heart for the Lord, for others, for souls. Knowledge is good, but without wisdom it is dangerous. Knowledge puffeth up........o_O

Obedience to the gospel in either calling on the name of Lord (or rejecting), repentance and the sprinkling of the blood of the Lamb of God it was saved me. Eternally secure by HIS works and not mine is something I plan enjoying for everlasting. We have it right now- whosoever will.....

Bless you my brother........we hear sometimes in sports that so and so is called a freak and that is acceptable? It is a great compliment and accepted by the Lord and those who serve and cherish him as well to be called a freak:cool:

Back