Search only TITLES of ENTRIES (chapters) of Books and Commentaries

Eric

Beta Tester
I would find it useful if there were another option in the "Full Library Search" panel: "Find only in titles of entries". I just recently needed to find an entry in a user book. I knew a very common word was used in the title, but if I searched for that word, I'd also get lots of hits in the content of entries, where that common word would likely appear in every entry. If I could have searched only the titles of entries, I would have been able to find what I was looking for sooner.

Capture.JPG

Would the topic and verse guide do that using the "strict" matching option?

Thanks, Bill, for the idea. I just tried it with "and", and it found these:
Capture2.JPG

However, when I used "strict" and put in exactly the one word I was looking for in my foreign language user book, it didn't work. Apparently "strict" means only that one word, since when I set it to "normal" it did find what I was looking for, and the list was not all that long. So, it's a good work around. Now somehow I have to remember it. I don't use the Topic and Verse Guide a lot. Maybe I should!

As Bill suggested I would recommend using the Topic Guide, but I would use the Normal setting. This is basically the original purpose of the Topic Guide.

As Bill suggested I would recommend using the Topic Guide, but I would use the Normal setting. This is basically the original purpose of the Topic Guide.
Oh, I get to use something related to computers according to its original purpose! That's unusual and great. Thanks! I can do it that way easily enough.

Back