Greetings! I have a question about back up of the program.

Bob A.

I was so glad to find out about this software. I have logos and have spent more than I wanted for what amounts to a ton of bloatware (filler books, etc) and a heavy emphasis on a view of salvation that I do not believe is correct. (no offense to anyone). Anyway, SwordSearcher is amazing. I am only scratching the surface on learning it's features, but already by buying the deluxe version I have had fruitful Bible study. Now the only reason I will be using Logos is for my John Phillips commentary set that I purchased. If only I could bring them over to SwordSearcher lol.

Well, the reason I posted was to say HI and to ask how to back up the program, modules, notes, layout, etc If my PC crashes, I would like to be able to restore everything and I especially do not want to lose the notes, etc that I will be adding to it.

I did read the manual and looked around the forum, but I did not find the subject or instructions on how to do this. I have cognitive issues (4 concussions over my life). Can someone please give me easy to understand instructions for this, please? I would really appreciate it.

Happy Resurrection Day and God bless you.

-Bob

OH, and can SS be run off a thumbdrive so that when I go to my parents to help with my ailing father, I can plug it into their computer to study with all my notes, etc?

You should save the setup files (assuming you buy it as a download and not a DVD) so that you can re-install in the future. But that isn't a problem; please see:

Your user-created content is stored in your user Documents folder. If you have backup software, it would usually include that location by default.

OH, and can SS be run off a thumbdrive so that when I go to my parents to help with my ailing father, I can plug it into their computer to study with all my notes, etc?
No, there is no supported way to do that. It needs to be installed.

Here is a little "moment of panic".... a "déjà vue" moment.....
Backup, Backup, Backup, on at least 2x different hardware, which one of them should be Fire Proof !
I am a GREAT promoter of BACKUPS !!!!
Am I not Sir?
Lolll. ;)
Be Blessed.

Thank you for your answers.
Johnny NL, I will read that thread. :)
Thanks

Back