My question is I use Logos since Wordsearch got bought up but am interested in thoughts on this program for possible purchase thank you

Here:
Το swordsearcher είναι το νούμερο ένα και το μόνο νούμερο ένα.

There !
Loll ;)

The beauty of SS is that you actually own what you buy and there are a lot of free modules. This is unlike other bible software where you basically just pay for the ability to install various books/commentaries and hope they'll be there for you in the future if you need to reinstall. PLUS... you won't find better bible study software ANYWHERE!!
Perfect example of this is the Libronix Digital Library System that I used for several years but Libronix Corp. stopped supporting and you had to move over to LOGOS. My question there, is why didn't LOGOS continue supporting the Libronix Digital Library System rather than make the customer purchase a different system. That put a bad taste in my mouth for LOGOS. I did try their system but found it not to be as good as the Libronix Digital Library System was. I worked around it and I am continuing to use the Libronix Digital Library System even with the Windows 11 where as LOGOS told me you could not use it with any system above XP. SwordSearcher however is a great software and gets the job done.

Perfect example of this is the Libronix Digital Library System that I used for several years but Libronix Corp. stopped supporting and you had to move over to LOGOS. My question there, is why didn't LOGOS continue supporting the Libronix Digital Library System rather than make the customer purchase a different system. That put a bad taste in my mouth for LOGOS. I did try their system but found it not to be as good as the Libronix Digital Library System was. I worked around it and I am continuing to use the Libronix Digital Library System even with the Windows 11 where as LOGOS told me you could not use it with any system above XP. SwordSearcher however is a great software and gets the job done.
The bigger question, IMHO, is why don't companies like Logos allow you to download a personal copy of the software that you purchased? Under their arrangement, you're really doing nothing more than renting the use of it. It might be a more agreeable arrangement if they'd actually tell you up front that the future use of what you "purchased" is altogether dependent on their survival as a company. For SS owners, if Brandon decides to retire, we can still use and reinstall as needed the software that we purchased. Like it or not, Brandon and SS are stuck with me!! ;)

It is interesting to read all the comments, so I'll add my own. Yes, SS is one of my definite go-tos, however it is not the only one. I use e-Sword; Logos 9 ($shudder, $16G invested, but worth it for what I do); Accordance and the old BibleWorks for original language studies; I also use an old copy of Libronix 3.0 -still IMHO one of the best software packages I've ever owned: as the fore-runner of Logos, it performs exactly how I wish Logos did) ; I have a subscription to VardasBook, for $4.00 a year I can access their whole digital library with copy cut and paste capabilities; I own a Puritan Hard drive, searchable for the oldies but goodies; a vast array of the Hebrew-World software; theWord software by Costas Stergiou, and the long-gone-but-not-forgotten [by me anyway] Christian Library Series. Some of these are redundant, given the plethora of public domain books out there today, but each program gives me access to knowledge that can only compare to the finest libraries or seminaries. There is also, the internet, if one cares to wade through all the junk and debris, to find the nuggets. I could go blow by blow as the others already have, but they have eloquently outlined SS finest points, so why duplicate their fine assessments. I run Davar software in addition to all the rest: an obscure little package that many consider out of date or have never heard of, but is one of the finest original language programs out there, with a ton of free modules. As a teacher, fledgling scholar, and researcher, I find comfort in the ability to reach into another's life-long work and give it new life and respect in my teachings, to honor these workmen of God for the sacrifice of duty they gave to my Messiah and Creator. Whatever brings one close to God, is the right package, no matter the cost. All thanks to Brandon, Rick Meyers (e-Sword), and all the rest for giving us the Word of God.
Toda Raba and shalom to you all.

WARNING!!! I have Logos Baptist Gold for 3 years now. I also had SwordSearchers and a few other Bible programs. SwordSearcher is by far the most simplest to use and my go to Bible program. Remember, Logos is a VERY ecumenical bible program. Those behind the program have very little discernment and in my opinion are not concerned about truth as much as making making allot of money off the program. So they cater to everyone from Catholics, "Two new Catholic software packages" to Mormons https://www.logos.com/product/16021/mormon-studies-collection. Would I buy Logos again...NO!

WARNING!!! I have Logos Baptist Gold for 3 years now. I also had SwordSearchers and a few other Bible programs. SwordSearcher is by far the most simplest to use and my go to Bible program. Remember, Logos is a VERY ecumenical bible program. Those behind the program have very little discernment and in my opinion are not concerned about truth as much as making making allot of money off the program. So they cater to everyone from Catholics, "Two new Catholic software packages" to Mormons https://www.logos.com/product/16021/mormon-studies-collection. Would I buy Logos again...NO!
AMEN !

Swordsearcher is the best Bible program in my opinion. It's easy to use and fast. I have used it for many years and have tried a lot of other programs. It has all the features I need for Bible study. Brandon is very responsive to user input but doesn't compromise his design principles.

You will not be able to easily convert resources from Wordsearch or Logos. One the other hand you can create your own Bibles, commentaries, books, etc from text or HTML.

One of my favorite features is synchronized verse level audio while the Bible scrolls. I can read the text, listen, take notes, and highlight verses with our without pausing.

You should watch some of the videos at this link - https://www.swordsearcher.com/video/index.html

Bill
I have Logos too but I do not like it half as much as I like SwordSearcher. Am I not right that from Logos (I do not know about Wordsearch) you can copy and paste into SwordSearcher?
One of my favorite things about SwordSearcher is that you can search for something like Genesis 3:5 and if an entry in SwordSearcher is Genesis 3:1-7 - it will find it. I do not think Logos will do that - am I wrong? IMHO, SwordSearcher is by far the best. Yes, Brandon is exactly as wsbones has said.

I will second that Amen!!
I have over 6,000 books in Logos.
Mostly because I was heavily invested
in Quickverse and then WordSearch for
nearly 20 yrs. When WordSearch got
bought out I took a close look at
SwordSearcher and asked, "Where have
you been all my life?" I do not regret the
move to SwordSearcher. Not only has it
saved me a ton of money looking forward,
but it has deepened my searching and
studying of God's Word. Plus, being able
to create over 250 modules for SwordSearcher has made the time spent in
God's Word so much fun and exciting. As a
semi-retired minIster looking at finally retiring
this year, I am looking forward to having more time for family and God's Word. I am so
glad to have SwordSearcher, so when those rainy days and snowy days prevent me from going for a walk, I can make another pot of coffee and create a module or two. Thanks Brandon, and thanks SwordSearcher. Just makes me look forward to retirement. Can hardly wait till the next version of SwordSearcher.......

Mark
Yes, join the retired club. :) Have you or anyone here tried one of these stand-up scanners? I think I will post a separate entry with some questions. MGB.

I saw this thread and it made me think. Why use SwordSearcher? I have a huge library in Accordance. I have a library in Logos of over 20,000 volumes. I believe that I paid enough for that to get a very nice new pickup truck, although not diesel...LOL How much of that stuff do I actually need? I find that I don't need but a small part of that. I don't even know just what it is that I have anymore. Some of the MobileEd classes are good but aside from these multimedia type presentations, the overall use and design of the program come into play. I just want to read the Bible and utilize a few resources to be able to understand what it is saying. There are all kinds of slick features in Logos. Most of them I have no clue about. I work a lot of long hours and don't have the time to sit and learn what all of them do. Sometimes, when I am trying to find something, it seems to take forever. It's like trying to drive a bus through a slalom course. You just end up mowing down all the cones and don't make it through. When you get to the point where you want to do a lot of research on some point and having that huge of a library gives you a lot of hits, it is a good thing to have it. For day to day use, when you just want to open up a program, read the Bible, and have information available to aid you in understanding, then Logos just seems to get in the way. Accordance is a bit better about being Bible-centric, but I find that a lot of their resources are based on textual criticism and are aimed at an academic audience. At one point in my life, this was something I actually valued. These days, I have come to the unshakable determination to simply stick with the KJV. I no longer have any trust or faith in any of the new versions. What I believe is that all of them are based on the wrong texts. The NASB is probably the only version using the correct style of translation methods but if they are using the wrong texts to translate from, then what value is it? It's like a master carpenter being given a pile of plastic and told to build a wooden house. No matter how good of a craftsman he is, the carpenter is going to end up with a plastic house no matter what he does.
This is where SwordSearcher comes in. It's got a lot features that are quite intuitive and easy to use. It's KJV based, so you don't have to worry about textual criticism bias. The resources are enough so you can get information quickly from sources that are not also biased by textual critical intellectual snobs. The program is FAST. I never have to wait for anything, it is just there when I need it. I can focus on the text and learn as I go. Would it be nice to have more resources to consult? Sure, there are times when you might want a little more information that you are provided, but that would simply make things slower and more convoluted. When you find yourself engaged in analyzing a passage and you have more questions than answers, THEN is when you have to do more research. To be honest, there have been times when I was trying to find something in Logos and got frustrated with the whole thing and just pulled up Google and ended up with an answer faster than the program could have given me. Limiting the amount of external resources when trying to understand what the text is really trying to say is a good thing. By using the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and the cross-references, you can let the Bible explain the Bible. External commentaries can be helpful when you are a bit stuck. I find myself using paper Bibles and going old school these days using dead tree books as well at times. That really puts perspective on what you are doing.
All in all, I can highly recommend SwordSearcher as being an easy-to-use tool to study the Bible. In this day and age, when so-called experts that have an alphabet behind their name are often more revered more than the actual Bible itself, it is refreshing to just open SwordSearcher and not have to worry about silly footnotes that tell you that this verse or passage is not correct because it is not in the oldest and best manuscripts...blah blah blah. It's fast, it's simple and you get the results you want. That's all you really need. If anyone complains about the price of SwordSearcher, direct them to me. I'll laugh and happily show them what happens when a sales guy at Logos has you on speed dial. LOL Once they see how much I paid out, they won't be complaining about the cost of this program anymore. :)

Dumb Question: What is a stand up scanner? Now, my printer will scan one page at a time. what is special about a stand up scanner?
Let me find and post a link here that I think will better answer this, even though I will make a few remarks. BRB. IRIScan Desk 5 Pro

That is the one I am supposed to receive today. I have a Czur scanner, but it does not have the ability to scan a book without ripping it apart. This new one is supposed to have the ability to scan a book and flatten out the pages and deskew them when you scan both open pages. The Czur that I have now is very fast and I expect the new one to be fast also. However, I realize that it takes time to hold your fingers on the edge of the page to flatten the book as much as possible and understanding that you just cannot completely flatten some books unless you maybe laid something on the edge that weights 2 or 3 hundred pounds. :) This scanner I am getting today is supposed to remove your fingers which are holding down the pages from the image. It is not a dumb question for in the process of trying to find out something about these things, absolutely no one has answered me. I FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER or an explorer on a mission all by myself. LOL.
p.s. There is a newer version, IRIScan Desk 6 Pro which has some added things to the 5 one, but I had to go with the older one on account of trying to keep down the cost.

I like the way SwordSearchers handles a Greek and Hebrew word in English. I just want to see how the Greek and Hebrew word is used in my KJV Bible. I use the Greek and Hebrew Strong's word and then hit "search for __________ on KJVSL" and it gives you the English equivalent in the text.. this is really all I need to know about how a Hebrew Greek word is used.

Back