A peek at SwordSearcher 9

Well Johnny, do you think we could clone Brandon? Just imagine a team of Brandons working together on SwordSearcher. The features it would have might cause those guys at Faithlife (Logos) have a coronary. Wizhful thinking I know, but if 8.4 is exciting, think what version 14.0 might be like. Maybe some form of artificial intelligence for starters?,?😃🤗😂😂

Mark

As the world is heading to its destiny, seeing SS9 is a "maybe" according to the Lord's will, BUT !, I don't think we will see SS10. (Not a date setter, but the Fig tree tells.) ;)

(well... I can't remember if it was a post here or an email to Brandon) several months ago about a verse comparison screen and he was it was in the works..
It's on the feature request list, but there is no imminent feature for comparing more than two in a single Bible panel.

It's on the feature request list, but there is no imminent feature for comparing more than two in a single Bible panel.
Comparing more than 2 translations/versions would be helpful. Then I could have the source text (TR) up, the KJV and a foreign language translation. I would really like this. But … I'd probably need a bigger screen :)

Comparing more than 2 translations/versions would be helpful. Then I could have the source text (TR) up, the KJV and a foreign language translation. I would really like this. But … I'd probably need a bigger screen :)
Try an LG 49" . . . 😁

I don't normally announce things before I am ready to actually ship orders, but I really can't wait to get this out there.

I hope to be releasing SwordSearcher 9 in a month or so. I will have more details when it's released.

Here's a peek at one of the new capabilities.

The video makes it obvious: SwordSearcher is getting a true dark mode.

For me personally, this is extremely valuable. I have been dealing with light sensitivity and eye strain as I age. Creating a true dark mode for SwordSearcher has been a game-changer for my own personal use of the software. It is much, much easier for me to use SwordSearcher for extended periods of time, and I have found that using it in dark mode, along with other applications that support dark modes, has reduced the frequency of my migraines.

Plus, it just looks good.

More information to come soon.
With 2 cataracts and surgery not until 9/8/21, this is just what I need. Thanks - will be glad when it is released. Thanks.

Well Johnny, do you think we could clone Brandon? Just imagine a team of Brandons working together on SwordSearcher. The features it would have might cause those guys at Faithlife (Logos) have a coronary. Wizhful thinking I know, but if 8.4 is exciting, think what version 14.0 might be like. Maybe some form of artificial intelligence for starters?,?😃🤗😂😂

Mark
Do you think you and I will live long enough to see version 14? :)

In your next update, when use word tree, and save the image, is it then possible to let the book and where it says this, also be implemented?

@ djmarko I agree! I would love a program to convert something like my John Phillips commentary set out of logs and into SS. I bought that set for a pretty penny and it is the only reason I log into logos anymore. I tried last night to use the software to investigate a topic and there was so much bloat and I got confused to the point I lost track of what I was researching.

SS is the best hands down, and I have tried all I found. I only wish I had found it before my investment in logos.

Thank you @Brandonstaggs for all you do. I thank you so much for dark mode!! Every year my eyesight gets a little worse (diabetes), Dark Mode helps me see clearly without the eyestrain.

Last edited:
LOVE the dark theme. It seems snappier, like it is faster. I love it. Thank you for your hard work, Bro. Staggs. It is truly a labor of love.

Back