Allow module shortcuts to have more than one letter assigned

Eric

Beta Tester
Hello, Brandon,

I use module shortcuts all the time. I think I might have mentioned this somewhere else, but if it were possible to assign multiple letters to a module, that would really free up some shortcuts. E.g., I'd love to make the shortcut to the TR module be "Ctrl-TR" or "Ctrl-Alt-TR".

For those who don't use this feature, it's in Preferences & Settings > Module Shortcuts.

This is not likely to change. To process variable-length "shortcuts" would require changing the entire shortcut system, which currently uses the Windows menu shortcut functionality which is based on a single combined keypress like CTRL+ALT+T.

An alternative you can use now is to begin by typing CTRL+M to bring up the module selection window, and then start typing the letters of the module you want. You don't have to type too many letters to filter to the one you want. Also you could use CTRL+F10 to bring up the module selector pre-filtered for Bible modules which would probably make it even easier.

Last edited:
This is not likely to change. To process variable-length "shortcuts" would require changing the entire shortcut system, which currently uses the Windows menu shortcut functionality which is based on a single combined keypress like CTRL+ALT+T.

An alternative you can use now is to begin by typing CTRL+M to bring up the module selection window, and then start typing the letters of the module you want. You don't have to type too many letters to filter to the one you want. Also you could use CTRL+F10 to bring up the module selector pre-filtered for Bible modules which would probably make it even easier.
Thank you, Brandon, for the explanation. With the Ctrl+M and Ctrl+F10 shortcuts in mind, I could make my own shortcuts in MacroExpress (macros.com) and apply them only to SwordSearcher. I use MacroExpress a lot in my regular work with SS (mostly as a text expander), so that's possible.

Back