Audio Bible Support in SwordSearcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Scourby/MP3 was given to me as a gift (w/iPod), however until Brandon at least made me aware I had no clue of any other versions-- now I do and will be ordering the appropriate version that is designed to work with SS not to mention the update CD.

This is by far the best:D Bible Software I have found and the way Brandon keeps refining, adding bells and whistles distances this software from others. PC Study Bible, Quick Verse, E-Sword, Crosswire, and so on.............I've used them all.

These are great and well done Brandon.

[?] The only MP3 Bible that works with the individual verse playback controls is the AMG Scourby MP3 set. [?] This is why I highly recommend the AMG audio Bible instead.

I received the AMG Audio Bible recordings (6 CDs) by Alexander Scourby yesterday and installed them. I am thrilled with this addition to SwordSearcher. I like the fact that as the text is read verse by verse the SS Bible window follows the text highlighting the verse currently being read. Thank you, Brandon, for another great feature!

Brandon cant get AMG Scourby MP3s into SwordSearcher when trying to download audio bible.
it tells me that it is unable to link audio files due to the following error missing chapters (it quotes scripture from every book). I have deleted the program twice and restarted but the same message comes up.
maybe I am not thinking straight today.

Brandon cant get AMG Scourby MP3s into SwordSearcher when trying to download audio bible.
it tells me that it is unable to link audio files due to the following error missing chapters (it quotes scripture from every book). I have deleted the program twice and restarted but the same message comes up.
maybe I am not thinking straight today.

You need to copy all of the files from the CDs to your hard drive. See here: http://www.swordsearcher.com/help-v5/bible_audio_support.html

Thanks Brandon, ok now great stuff.

Hi, can you provide some examples of "recognizable book and chapter references in file names"?

I have several audio Bibles on my PC but when I use the Link Audio Files tool I get this error each time: No chapter audio files found

One in particular uses this format:

01001gen
01002gen
02001exo
02002exo

Thanks!

Hi, can you provide some examples of "recognizable book and chapter references in file names"?

I have several audio Bibles on my PC but when I use the Link Audio Files tool I get this error each time: No chapter audio files found

One in particular uses this format:

01001gen
01002gen
02001exo
02002exo

Thanks!

They need to be something like:

Joh1.mp3
Joh2.mp3

001-gen1.mp3
002-gen2.mp3

...etc.

I just got the AMG KJV MP3's today. Swordsearcher is the best Bible software out there-- what a blessing it is to listen to the Bible without having to start up my mp3 player and the level reading is wonderful a bonus! Thank you Brandon Staggs.

Super nice..
I was working on a scowling Bible w/audio a few years ago..
I never got one working as I got side tracked.. :-|

Thanks Brandon for sticking to it and getting it done!

One small note to anyone trying to link the mp3 files.
The files can be in separate book folders all in the same "AMG" folder (or what ever you named your folder) but ALL the files and folders need to be in the main "AMG" folder before SS can successfully integrate the MP3 files!

btw.. I just got AMG from Amazon today for $11.50 plus shipping but it took three weeks do to back order..

Brother Ken

btw.. I just got AMG from Amazon today for $11.50 plus shipping but it took three weeks do to back order..

When SS 6.1 was released, Amazon sold out of them shortly thereafter. :D They are back in stock now, and $11.50 is a great deal!

Just put my order in.....
can't wait to get it...
Got it for $ 12.82 + $ 12.49 SH....(canada)
but I'll enjoy this feature a lot....AMEN

I will install this KJV ASAP, but,
do you think I could get a french version working
with: LOUIS SECOND VERSION ?
(Maybe I could get my Mom to listen to it ???)
Be blessed !

I will install this KJV ASAP, but,
do you think I could get a french version working
with: LOUIS SECOND VERSION ?
(Maybe I could get my Mom to listen to it ???)
Be blessed !

If you can find an audio set of one file per chapter, and the file names are compatible, it doesn't matter what language the audio actually is. I have not tested any French audio Bibles, sorry.

HI...

Just got my AMG Scourby MP3, 6 discs, downloaded on my "C" (hard drive)
I clicked on "link audio files", click on "AMG Scourby MP3" file,...
it scan the files, then; I have a window saying: unable to link audio files due to the following error: access violation at address 32FEDFF3 in module
'mpeg2dmx.ax'. Read of address 34415000
anyone have any idea what to do?
I don't understand that window at all....

Tried everything, same window error....!!!!
mmmmfffff, I wonder what's wrong ....
deleted 3x, re-downloaded, and still same message....
and it is the same version as proposed for SS.
.......i'm confused now.......:eek::confused::-?

HI...

Just got my AMG Scourby MP3, 6 discs, downloaded on my "C" (hard drive)
I clicked on "link audio files", click on "AMG Scourby MP3" file,...
it scan the files, then; I have a window saying: unable to link audio files due to the following error: access violation at address 32FEDFF3 in module
'mpeg2dmx.ax'. Read of address 34415000
anyone have any idea what to do?
I don't understand that window at all....

That error indicates that mpeg2dmx.ax on your computer is possibly corrupt or the version may be out of sync with other device driver files on your computer. This can also happen if so-called "codec packs" have been installed which replace the normal audio decoders on a system. I did some googling and some people experience this crash (outside of SwordSearcher) with programs like DVDXCopy installed. I'm not saying this is the problem for-sure on your computer, but it may be a place to start. The crash message indicates strongly that there is a driver problem on the system. It's possible some other program you have installed has replaced this file.

ok....
thanks, I will see with someone if I can fix this, it is new for me.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back