Audio Book

ASUNDER

Looking for my favorite audio Bible to add as my Sword Searcher audio. This particular one is my favorite:

Does anyone know where I can find it?
It's segmented into chapters. It would take me a year to slice it up into proper verses. Can't seem to find it in audio book verse format.

It's odd because I had it saved as a playlist on YouTube. As of October the videos have changed.
The videos and thumbnails are different and it says that it's a "remastered" Scourby audio Bible. But it's not the same voice at all. Very strange.

So I scooped up my second favorite, the Stephen Johnston one. You spelled his last name wrong, missing the silent t.
I would know; that's my name too. The Johnston clan, Annandale Scotland. I can see why I like it; it's in the family. I'm in good company.
(Also odd that the audio meta data reads 'Steven' and the website reads 'Stephen'.)

The FIrefighters For Christ name is on point.
Fight fire with fire.

If All Else Fails.png

I use the Dramatized KJV, works very well.

I have Alexander Scourby from AMG Publishers (https://amgpublishers.christianbook.com/)- I like it better than the Firefighters version as with that one some of the verses are really rushed. I also have David Cochran Heath (Christianaudio) and Faith Comes by Hearing, KJV, Dramatized. I like the David Cochran Heath version the best for straightforward reading without distractions, and the speed of his reading matches up pretty well with my reading speed for comprehension.

Last edited:
I have Alexander Scourby from AMG Publishers (https://amgpublishers.christianbook.com/)- I like it better than the Firefighters version as with that one some of the verses are really rushed. I also have David Cochran Heath (Christianaudio) and Faith Comes by Hearing, KJV, Dramatized. I like the David Cochran Heath version the best for straightforward reading without distractions, and the speed of his reading matches up pretty well with my reading speed for comprehension.
I have a missionary friend, he came from Egypt, he learned English by listening to Alexander Scourby. He pastors an arabic church in Arizona.

I have a few myself but I stick with Alexander Scourby

I have a few myself but I stick with Alexander Scourby
I have tried many other recordings of the Bible, and I always come back to Scourby. Others do provide better audio quality and more even reading speed, and Scourby does make mistakes from time to time.

But … I've yet to find anyone who can read the Scriptures alone and yet communicate so well – even when the text is recording the conversation of multiple speakers. Scourby masterfully changes his tone as the speakers change. I'm sure he put a lot of work into marking up his copy and practicing before he read it. And, even though I still tend to pronounce "herb" without the "h" sound, and Scourby always has the "h" in the word, I think his pronunciation of words – especially names so very foreign to us now, is admirable. It's an American English spin on Hebrew and Greek, to be sure, but he seems to be consistent with his phonetic pronunciations. :)

P.S. Here is a place to hear "herb" in UK English and American English: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/herb. I guess Scourby, a Greek American, leaned toward the UK pronunciation. And the Book he was reading was translated into British English by British men, so that is hardly a problem.

[End of rabbit trail]

Back