Big Picture Bible Study

Ken Sturgeon

I have three two asset folders; BPD101-Assets and BPS-Assets. Both of these appear to be related to the Big Picture Bible Study. I have one ss5book named BPD101.ss5book. Can you confirm that the latest version of the Big Picture Bible Study is the latest version. The BPS101.zip has a BPS101-Assets folder and BPS101.ss5book. I assume that after installing this I can delete BPD101.ss5book and the folders named BPD101-Assets and BPS-Assets; correct?

Thank you very much for this module. It's really packed with a LOT of good stuff.
:)

I guess I should have tried deleting the old directories and book before I posted. I got rid of the old and copied the new in and all is working well. The new additions are VERY nice.
Thanks

I guess I should have tried deleting the old directories and book before I posted. I got rid of the old and copied the new in and all is working well. The new additions are VERY nice.
Thanks
I glad you asked here because now I know too :)

[[In a similar topic not really the same but include BPD101 Assets...
I'm using OneDrive (and dropbox) to store my User Files. When I updated my OneNote files, by just copy paste all from dropbox… my phone which also uses OneDrive placed all of the images that were in that BPD101 Assets folder as copies and sent them to my then current month day photo's menu. So when I go to the month I did this and look for my regular photos that I took on the phone... I get all of them AND these BPD101 Assets too. because they updated freshly on OneDrive , it thought they were new photos needing indexed... So instead of just looking through 10 pics in October I have the whole pile from BPD101 Assets too]]

Last edited:
Brandon, could you delete the old module from the forum - BPD101.

The newest module is called BPS101 and is a zip file of about 50 MB in size.

Anyone using the old BPD101 should download the new module and delete the old files since they take up a lot of space. Besides the newer one is better :)
1546980861619.png

Sorry for the confusion.

Anyone using the old BPD101 should download the new module and delete the old files since they take up a lot of space. Besides the newer one is better :)
View attachment 1196

Sorry for the confusion.
The newer one IS better!! I like that you added the book outlines.

The newer one IS better!! I like that you added the book outlines.

View attachment 1196

Sorry for the confusion.

Well I actually kept the BPT101 (same assets as BPS101) set because I love the tree tool :) I am still trying to figure it out but love it when I sorta get it. But I don't find this module doing a search using that name in the "Modules" section. I was going to mention something about some missing assets like this one...
missing pic.PNG

Is it best for me to just go BPS101 as well while BPT101 is in development?

Last edited:
Is it best for me to just go BPS101 as well while BPT101 is in development?

See if bookshelf.png is present in the BPT101-Assets folder. If not, copy it from BPS101-Asset folder. If it is there than copy bookshelf.png to the directory - C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images. I was using that location for a short time in the development and may have forgotten to change one line.

There should not be any other problems since the modules are identical except for a one word global change.

See if bookshelf.png is present in the BPT101-Assets folder. If not, copy it from BPS101-Asset folder. If it is there than copy bookshelf.png to the directory - C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images. I was using that location for a short time in the development and may have forgotten to change one line.

There should not be any other problems since the modules are identical except for a one word global change.
bookshelf.png was in the Asset Folder, so I did copy it to … C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images And that did work and the image shows now. :)

I updated the BPT101 module so that the link to the bookshelf.png file references the BPT101-Assets folder. There is no need to download the 51 MB zip file again IF you copied the bookshelf.png file to the C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images folder as mentioned in the previous post.

To make sure that someone who downloads the module for the first time will get the correct version, the link in the Modules/Discussion section has been updated: See this post. https://forums.swordsearcher.com/threads/big-picture-bible-study-materials.3344/post-19184

Just to clarify, BPS101 uses Bible searching and BPT101 uses Trees. Otherwise the modules are identical.

I updated the BPT101 module so that the link to the bookshelf.png file references the BPT101-Assets folder. There is no need to download the 51 MB zip file again IF you copied the bookshelf.png file to the C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images folder as mentioned in the previous post.

To make sure that someone who downloads the module for the first time will get the correct version, the link in the Modules/Discussion section has been updated: See this post. https://forums.swordsearcher.com/threads/big-picture-bible-study-materials.3344/post-19184

Just to clarify, BPS101 uses Bible searching and BPT101 uses Trees. Otherwise the modules are identical.
Its great and I'm easy to distract so if something has a glitch I just move on to something else.
but I have seen a few others missing images here or there.
missing pic HS.PNG

image not found.PNG

I'll wait a little before I update the module, or does the update include more than one address correction?
Did I ever say Thank you for this great tool yet? Thank you!!

Last edited:
Thanks. Let me know of any more problems. bloodline.jpg MUST be in the C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images folder since it is using the SS image viewer which at present only supports that image directory. Unzipping the module does not put anything in that directory so it has to be done manually. I think Brandon is planning to support other directories at some point. Ignore that - See if bloodline.jpg is in the BPT101-Assets folder.

The holy spirit.html link works for me. Does it work for you in the BPS101 module?

Go to the _index.html topic and click on One on One Discipleship Lessons and see if the Holy Spirit link works there.

Last edited:
Thanks. Let me know of any more problems. bloodline.jpg MUST be in the C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images folder since it is using the SS image viewer which at present only supports that image directory. Unzipping the module does not put anything in that directory so it has to be done manually. I think Brandon is planning to support other directories at some point.

The holy spirit.html link works for me. Does it work for you in the BPS101 module?

Go to the _index.html topic and click on One on One Discipleship Lessons and see if the Holy Spirit link works there.
I just downloaded the latest BPS101 module and checked that as you said,... The correct links and image shows in the BPS101 that didn't in the BPT101 module. Otherwise I'll copy the other image (bloodline.jpg) over to the "C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images" directory as well in a minute before I forget. Thanks Again!

Last edited:
I wondered what the difference is. Great resource, Bill! Thanks!

Great. Let me know of errors in the update. Then we will both be on the same page.

Probably everyone using BPT101 should update here: https://forums.swordsearcher.com/threads/big-picture-bible-study-materials.3344/post-19184
I think I lost something someplace...
So I Moved the bloodline.jpg to the C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Images from the BPT101 Assets then copied it back because when I click it in the BPT101 Book; my system .jpg viewer launches BUT not the SwordSearcher 8 image viewer.

Then I clicked bloodline.jpg image in BPS101 Book and the correct SwordSearcher 8 image viewer with menu launched.

So I thought maybe I will copy the asset from the BPS101 Assets folder to the BPT Asset Folder …. BUT the bloodline.jpg image is not in the BPS101 folder.
So I unzipped a fresh copy of each Asset folders from the zipped folders for both Assets and then verified the bloodline.jpg image wasn't in the New BPS101 Asset folder I just unzipped to a different directory but was in the BPT101 Asset folder in a different directory.

Well that's what I get when I try to do this stuff and the laundry at the same time I guess.
bpt101 not ss8.PNG

bps101 opens SS8.PNG

Experiments below.
EDIT UPDATE
So I thought I would outsmart it and just copied the BPS101 Assets folder and renamed it BPT101 Assets. And copied a fresh BPT101 book into my SwordSearcher User Modules folder
But now when I click the bloodline.jpg in the BPT101 Book … nothing happens at all, not even an error. No SwordSearcher Image Viewer and no System .jpg viewer

So the conclusion is there must be a minor addressing issue in the BPT101 Book or there is a different file that needs accessed? (cuz bloodline.jpg is not in the BPS101 Assets Folder at all but still works)

EDIT AGAIN
So I found
BPS101 Assets folder "bloodline.jpg" image is named "soulliberty.png"
BPT101 Assets folder "bloodline.jpg" image alone

Last edited:
I wondered what the difference is. Great resource, Bill! Thanks!
The BPT101 module produces word trees instead of searches.

I noticed the date of the BPT module was last August. Since then I made changes to BPS101, but had not uploaded a new BPT101 module on the site. They should be exactly the same except one does TREES and the other does SEARCHES (T and S).
The BPT module started as an experiment with TREES. I basically changed all the search+kjv text to tree+kjv.

Here's an example of the difference in the Words,Clouds, Phrases, and Searches portion:

BPT101 uses <a href="swordsearcher://tree+KJV[r=ru]/naomi">naomi</a>
BPS101 uses <a href="swordsearcher://search+KJV[r=ru]/naomi">naomi</a>

So I thought maybe I will copy the asset

Neither one uses the SS image viewer at this point. Now they open with the Windows default viewer.

It's hard to keep everything exactly the same even though they should be. At one point they were. :)

Just make sure that both Asset folders have a bloodline.jpg file in them. You can edit the bloodline.jpg file with Paint and make changes to the text in the upper left corner if you want.

Back