Implemented! Custom Bible Reading Plan

What is the best Bible reading plan out there?
I want to read the bible, new and old testament. I would like to have a plan that includes the entire bible, but if some verses (less important) are left out--that's fine. I want a plan that is less than 6 months, preferably 3 months or less. Thank you!
The best plan is to make a daily appointment, and keep it. If you read about 3 chapters a day you can get through the entire Bible in a year.

I often have read through just the NT. I think about 7 chapters / day will get you through in about 40 days? So you could conceivably read through the NT about 9 times in a year.

PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND. If you want to use SS to accomplish this goal, Amen! I'm a big fan.

But the Pastor in me will tell you that some people spend a lot of time planning, they never get to doing.

The best plan is one you ARE faithful to, not just "WILL BE" faithful - and that has you DOING as soon as possible.

And I have used various methods, including buying "one year" Bibles and following along.

So - If you have never read through the Bible, start. And don't wait. I get starting Gen. 1 on Jan. 1 - but if you never have - start Gen 1 today. Read 3 chapters a day (more if you like).

If you have gone through the whole Bible before, try the NT challenge. I promise you, every time you complete it, you will realize how much you gain something new each time through.

IMHO... Blessing!

I'm going to read the NT between Halloween and New Years. It takes about 15 minutes/day. I attached a simple spreadsheet that can be printed and customized for any start date to read the NT in 2 months. It's handy if you are reading on a phone or tablet or somewhere else, and you want to keep the SS reading plan up to date on the computer.

I used SS to make the schedule and saved it as a template. The template is then exported it to a txt and pasted into a spreadsheet. I used a formula in the cells to make it general based on cell A2. It fits nicely on a page.

Attachments

• New Testament - 2 months.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 205
Thread update: Version 7.2 adds support for custom plans imported from text files. Thanks for the suggestion, Bill.
Well I am late to the party, so to speak...I have found this thread and I think it is pointing me in the right direction, however, I am unable to figure out how to import a text file do you have a link that explains the process? Specifically what I am trying to do is create a reading plan that would allow me to read entire books of the Bible as well as specific chapters or verses in a chronological order. I have created on paper a plan reading through the Bible chronologically which is very interesting although it requires selecting books, chapters, and at times a range of verses and I've not found a program/app that would allow me to do this...until now?

As always thank you so much for all the hard work you put into SwordSearcher, God bless you and see you here, there, or in the air!

Back