FR: search within English-Strong's Indexer

Eric

Beta Tester
This may already be there, but I can't find a way to search the English-Strong's Indexer panel (pop-up). I tried Ctrl-F, right clicking the mouse for a context menu, and I then tried the "Edit" menu.

I would find this useful. Sometimes the hits in the E-S Indexer seem enigmatic to me: I guess it somehow is finding related English words. E.g., today I searched for "profane" in the E-S Indexer after I had searched for "profane*" in the KJV Bible. One word I noticed in the latter was "profaneness". I wanted to see if it is in the English-Strong's list for "profane".

I know from the Bible search that that word is in Jer 23:15. So I ended up copying all the content of the E-S Indexer pop-up into the "Scan Text for Verse References" tool (Alt+F5), then with right click consolidated (and ordered canonically) the list, then toggled the bar graph in the results (search) panel, and found it: it's there!

Last edited:
I can make Ctrl+F work there. I'll add that to the list.

I can make Ctrl+F work there. I'll add that to the list.
Thank you! I just tried again, and for whatever reason, Ctrl+F doesn't work for me. But … before you spend long on it, I wonder if it is because I'm in a virtual machine (Parallels)…

It needs to be implemented for the ESI. It's not due to your setup.

Back