How do I find the word count?

C.r.a.i.g

I was trying to find the tool for the word count, so I know how many words are in the Bible. I want to warn people and show them that the NIV has tens of thousands of less words, but I don't know the number of words of the King James Bible. Thanks

here is a start with chapters and verses...

Search menu/passage analysis/ set scope to entire Bible. If you don't want to include prescripts and postscripts from Psalms and Pauline epistles then use the KJVM Bible. KJVM stands for KJV(minimal).
1682715144426.png

Search menu/passage analysis/ set scope to entire Bible. If you don't want to include prescripts and postscripts from Psalms and Pauline epistles then use the KJVM Bible. KJVM stands for KJV(minimal).
View attachment 1989
Apparently I do not have the KJVm (KJV minimal) on my computer. Where can I get it? Thank you!

Last edited:
View attachment 1989
Brandon, Am I right about this regarding Search > Passage Analysis?

> I think that using either the regular KJV packaged with SwordSearcher or the KJVm will give imprecise word counts if one wants to count only the KJV's words that are translated from inspired/canonical Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek words.

Why do I think that? The "prescripts" (headings) of the Psalms are definitely God-given, but the postscripts to the epistles are definitely not.

If I'm right, I have a feature request: a way to calculate with options to include / exclude more precisely: a check box to select/deselect what one wants to count from the KJV.

I also think it'd be nice if there were an option to include exclude the footnotes, but I think the ones in the KJV in SwordSearcher are from a later Cambridge edition of the KJV, and therefore I think there are some footnotes in the KJV bundled with SwordSearcher that were not present in the 1611 edition.

If I'm right, I have a feature request: a way to calculate with options to include / exclude more precisely: a check box to select/deselect what one wants to count from the KJV.
Yes, this is what would be needed. I have "granularity control" for the passage analysis as a feature request.

As for the footnotes, SwordSearcher matches the c. 1920 Cambridge Cameo, as the text itself does.

Just to let you know Mr. Staggs, the word count works perfectly with my french Bible "Ostervald" too.
Never had such a feature for that french Bible. This is awesome greatly.
I didn't think it would work, but it is 100% effective. Thanks.
1682778658167.png

Back