How do you uninstall / remove a book, commentary, and dictionary?

parvo

Hello,

There might be a simple answer to this, but I have not been able to locate a solution in the user guide or in the forums.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall/remove a book, commentary, and dictionary from SwordSearcher 8.2? I'm assuming the method is the same for each of these, but I have not been able to figure it out, and don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the software to do this. I'm assuming that there is a simple way to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Peter

If you want to hide items from view, go to TABS, and then choose "Select which tabs to show." Likewise for your Bible margin, go to the Bible menu and choose "Select items for Bible margin links."

If you do not want a module to be available at all -- if you want the module to not be installed -- that is something done during setup and requires a custom installation option during setup, where you decide what items to install with the software. (Most people just use a full installation.) Keep in mind that modules are not very big because of the optimization employed -- they are all compressed and consume little space by modern standards.

If you want to remove modules from your hard drive without removing and re-installing SwordSearcher, you can do that, too. Close SwordSearcher and then open Windows File Explorer. Go to your C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher\Modules folder, and from there you can manually delete module files. I don't recommend or support this approach but it will work. SwordSearcher will not run without the KJV.ss8bible module file, but the rest are "optional."

You can delete user modules from within SwordSearcher - it's in the User menu.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 291
You can delete user modules from within SwordSearcher - it's in the User menu.

Thank you -- I forgot to mention that!

Back