I would like to see "group help" listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.r.a.i.g

I would like to see "group help" listing on the forum for a suggestion. So my idea would be having a list of "Sword Searcher" users and listing people that volunteer for help or council via private messaging. For instance, today I was studying the topic "wine" in Sword Searcher. I still have a of questions and I know some people on here would know more about it. So, why not create a list of people that would be willing to discuss Bible questions and answering question, and for Biblical council. This wouldn't be in forum discussion, but by private messaging; one or one or "group messaging" (you could add people to the conversation if you wanted). The list of people, who are open to discussion and perhaps even council or prayer if needed. I know a lot of people are still learning things of the Bible and Sword Searcher has helped me. I just think it would be a good idea to have more contact with the brothers and sisters that are using it and in the word of God. Just an idea. Not sure what everyone thinks about it. Maybe even online chat included in the program itself! Like people could contact other people that are using the program the same time they are. But perhaps this isn't a good idea, I don't know. But I know it helps me learning from others and sometimes those support groups of friends, family, Church, ect.. can really help in growth in the wisdom of Christ and in the time of need.

Sadly, the anonymity of the Internet makes it a poor vehicle for this - you really don't know who you're chatting with, getting counselling from, or what their true intentions, motivations and beliefs are. (Think of it like walking up to a total stranger and asking for medical advice.) Any such group would need to be monitored, too (by whom?), as people are passionate about their biases and things can easily to get out of hand.

Last edited:
Any such group would need to be monitored, too (by whom?), as people are passionate about their biases and things can easily to get out of hand.
So very true... sadly agreeing...

This would be outside of the scope and purpose of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back