Module icon

User-submitted Morning and Evening Readings - Spurgeon 2019-01-04
links to each morning and evening audio reading.

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new module:

Morning and Evening Readings - Spurgeon - links to each morning and evening audio reading.

1. Unzip the module into your Swordsearcher user directory.

2. Get the free audio files for the month of January here: https://christianaudio.com/free/
You will need to create a free account to be able to download. You can download a different free audio book each month.

3. This module contains a generic calendar in the first topic. Clicking on a day will take you to the audio readings for that day.

!!!!BE SURE TO PLACE THE UNZIPPED, DOWNLOADED AUDIO FILES...

Read more about this module...

What is it that we are putting in the edit to link?? I get no sound or reading.

5. The module can be edited so you can insert links to the correct SME commentary reading if you want. (I did this for Jan 1 - 5. I plan to add the links as I read the devotional.) Here's how:

1546636833266-png.1184

Gord, you will need to download the Spurgeon Morning and Evening Reading - audio files. See below. There will be 3 zip files.
Get the free audio files for the month of January here: https://christianaudio.com/free/
You will need to create a free account to be able to download. This is what the link above will take you to.

1546726385055.png

After you set up your free account and choose the free book, go to your Christianaudio Library and manually download the files. See the yellow highlight in the pic below:
1546726699292.png

I have them and installed them unzipped into the folder along with the calendar., but what to I link????
Gord, you will need to download the Spurgeon Morning and Evening Reading - audio files. See below. There will be 3 zip files.
Get the free audio files for the month of January here: https://christianaudio.com/free/
You will need to create a free account to be able to download. This is what the link above will take you to.

View attachment 1187

After you set up your free account and choose the free book, go to your Christianaudio Library and manually download the files. See the yellow highlight in the pic below:
View attachment 1188

Click on a day in the calendar of the first topic called _Calendar. It should open up the page for that date with the links to the audio file for the morning and evening reading on that date. You SMEA-Assets folder should look like this with 734 audio files.
1546729493349.png

OK !!!!!!! Thank you wsbones, this is awesome and greatly appreciated !!!!!
I did all that, i've got the sound for each date.... all is very fine. I am at the step of "link to a commentary" in the editable file, but it seems NOT working......:confused:
I can't get the SMEA to "match/work" with SME......?????!!!

Last edited:
OK !!!!!!! Thank you wsbones, this is awesome and greatly appreciated !!!!!
I did all that, i've got the sound for each date.... all is very fine. I am at the step of "link to a commentary" in the editable file, but it seems NOT working......:confused:

Here's an example for Jan 8.
1546736594667.png

1. Listen to a few seconds of the Morning Audio by clicking the link until you hear Spurgeon's verse for that day.
2. Enter that reference in the input box of SME commentary
3. Edit SMEA for the day in question and and put a space dash space after the word, "Audio".
4. Right click in the SME commentary and choose "send commentary link to editor.
5. Do the same for the evening audio.
6. Save the edited SMEA entry.

I plan to do this as a daily devotion for the year. By the end of the year I will have all the links in place.

AMEN !!! AMEN !!!! AMEN !!!! Praise GOD for your Service.... I say Amen again..... this is wonderful, blessing, this is so wonderful.
ALLLLLLL is working just as you said. THANK you Sir for the "recipe" .... It worked right away.
Be Blessed, ...
it "obliges" me to go through ALL of them, everyday, to set them up !!!!
"I wonder if The Lord will allow me to bring my SwordSearcher 8 with me at the Rapture !!!!"
I can't believe how YOU men of GOD, (mr. Staggs, You, and others from this blog,) come up with such tools !?!?!??
Ya'all be Blessed NOW !!!!
Amen.

The voice is so nice and easy to understand !!!
Loving it !

I don't know if I should post this here or somewhere else. On the Morning And Evening reading for January 19th Evening, there is a wrong wording that gives the entirely opposite intended meaning:

They know the killing letter of revelation, but its killing spirit they cannot discern; they have a veil upon their hearts which the eyes of carnal reason cannot penetrate.

It should read:

They know the killing letter of revelation, but its living spirit they cannot discern; they have a veil upon their hearts which the eyes of carnal reason cannot penetrate.

I noticed this error the other day when reading this devotional in my Olive Tree Bible app, so I contacted the company to see if they could fix it. I realize oftentimes many people use the same text files passing on the same errors so I checked Swordsearcher and saw the same misquoted word there too.

Back