Read scripture

jfw

Some times it would be nice to read scripture without chapter and verse.
Just wondering if that could be possible?
Then a program could read straight scripture to you to meditate.

Read say a verse list without the info of chapter or verse it came from.
Maybe this is a silly request but would be nice just strait word of God.

Interesting thought...

Always nice to get back to basics....... loving it !!

There may be an easier way to do it, but you can go to the Search menu, choose Scan Text for Verse References and type in a range of verses (I tried Re 3-4), then click on Load verses into Verse List Panel and Close. It will put all the verses (in my case, Revelation chapters 3 and 4) in the Verse List Panel where you can play the audio for them without any references being read. :)

You can put in a list of related verses like (these aren't necessarily related - I just picked some) Re 3:9; Jn 3:16, Mt 2:10... etc. and it will read through all of them as one text. I guess they don't have to be related, maybe just good friends. ;)

Last edited:
Perhaps he means is there an option to turn off book chapter and verse headings kind of like you can do with a pilcrow marker turning it on or off. Maybe a preference setting I don't know. Similar to Turning footnotes on and off? Only it's the book The chapter and the verse titles headings and numbers. As for me I am 100% satisfied that the book names chapters and verse numbers are all still part of the preserved word of God right here in the King James Bible.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

I love Swordsearcher and just wanted to do everything only here.

I found a way but its another program and I transfer to here.
I am just thinking of a way of meditating on a thought pattern like this:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Its not needed I guess.
I just like topical thought scripture the best.
Thank you for your interest.

There is no way to turn off reference tag columns in the Bible or Verse List panels. The Bible panel can be configured to show less information, but even in paragraph reading mode there are verse tags, as shown in the video I linked earlier in the thread. I don't have any plans to add a display mode that hides the reference tags.

Back