SwordSearcher 6 Released

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
SwordSearcher 6 now available!

Just in time for the 15th anniversary of SwordSearcher Bible Software, a major new release is now ready. Version 6 expands the library, adds several new time-saving and helpful features, and lots of enhancements to make SwordSearcher even faster and easier to use.

If you are currently a SwordSearcher Deluxe user, you qualify for discount pricing on an upgrade to the SwordSearcher 6 Deluxe CD. Click here for details on upgrading.

What's New in Version 6

Watch this video to see some of the new features in action.

If you haven't seen SwordSearcher in a while, be sure to watch the other videos, too!

Here are some highlights. For a complete list, see the revision history.
  • Library additions:
    • An Interpretation of the English Bible by B. H. Carroll.
    • Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander MacLaren.
    • New TR Bible module includes Ben Chayyim Hebrew Old Testament
  • Bible Highlighting and Underlining
  • New search methods:
    • Proximity search
    • Character String search
    • Regular Expression search
    • Find Related Verses
    • Reference Pattern Search
  • New Bible Search Results "Information and Statistics"
  • Save as many custom layouts as you want
  • Handy "Clone Panel" function
  • Loads of enhancements and much more!
SwordSearcher has never been better. Lots of work went into this update, and we think you'll agree that it warrants the new major version number and makes a great "15th anniversary edition!"

Current users click here for upgrade info.
Not yet a SwordSearcher user? Order here.

Also, people who are producing third-party modules will want to know that Forge has been updated as well. The new version of Forge will produce modules compatible with SwordSearcher 5 and 6. (SwordSearcher 6 is required only if your module uses Unicode characters.)

As a devoted Linux man, I'm not quick to pay for software, but I viewed the slick video of the new features and you got me, hook, line and sinker. I was drooling thinking of the electronic bible beatings I could be given the heathen trash with this is my possession.

I think I better head down to prayer requests, I getting weak in my old age.

Congratulations Brandon, we may have to come up with a new adjective to replace 'Deluxe'. IMHO v6 is way above deluxe. :D

Congratulations Brandon, we may have to come up with a new adjective to replace 'Deluxe'. IMHO v6 is way above deluxe. :D

Thank you for the kind words. Actually, at some point here I think I will phase out the term "Deluxe." It used to be important to differentiate between the download trial version and the CD version. I think the convention of downloadable trials is well enough understood that it's no longer an issue.

• Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander MacLaren.
This one module and full unicode support, and the foreign language package, and etc., etc. make this upgrade a blessing, joy, pleasure, thrill, and did I say, money-well-spent! Thanks, Brandon, for all the good stuff in this upgrade! Looking forward to it.

A question about location of user-editable modules: I currently have them in the unsupported location -- same as non-editable modules. Should I move them back "where they belong" before upgrading to version 6?

A really fine program, Brandon! The video is very well done! Congratulations!!! :)

A question about location of user-editable modules: I currently have them in the unsupported location -- same as non-editable modules. Should I move them back "where they belong" before upgrading to version 6?

Any modules that version 5 can see should also work where they are in version 6. I would say leave them in the "unsupported" location (I believe you are referring to the legacy "User" folder in the program directory) and move them to the official location if you run into problems.

A really fine program, Brandon! The video is very well done! Congratulations!!! :)

Thanks. I've also re-recorded all of the other videos, so all of them show version 6. I plan to do several more over the next few months.

Congrats Brandon! I have been using 6 since Sat. and it is very nice! Really finding the "clone" option and highlighting very helpful in my study.:)
Grace & Peace,
Dave

Great program, Brandon. Congratulations.

Congratulations Brandon on a job superbly done! I just know that this is a work really blessed of our heavenly Father. Will there still be gift discounts e.g. for more than one CD?

Ruthlyn

Congratulations Brandon on a job superbly done! I just know that this is a work really blessed of our heavenly Father. Will there still be gift discounts e.g. for more than one CD?

Ruthlyn

Yes, the order page has quantity discounts on it now, starting at 2 copies.

Thanks Brandon that looks great, will be sending for my upgrade tomorrow.:grin::grin:

I display Swordsearcher in large font sizes over the projector screen when teaching Sunday School and Bible classes. The church members and Bible students would often get lost when we move from one verse to another. When I watched the new video for Swordsearcher 6.0, I found the "clone" feature to be the answer and will surely be a great help! Great update, Bro. Brandon!

Congratulations on the release! I really like the improvements you've made, especially to search.

Yes, the order page has quantity discounts on it now, starting at 2 copies.

Let me add my "Huzzahs!" to all the others. And I still think the missionary / teacher pack is a great idea and blessing.

Just curious, do you get many takers of that?

I wonder if you should start a testimony page either here or on the main site for how it's helped those who have been so blessed.

Just curious, do you get many takers of that?

A fair amount.

I wonder if you should start a testimony page either here or on the main site for how it's helped those who have been so blessed.

I'd feel like I'm soliciting testimonies. People are certainly welcome to post such things to the forum.

Thanks!

My upgrade order came today - thank you for the speedy delivery, Brandon! :)

Back